IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > stewart not running Chili Bowl?
11/19/08, 1:20 PM   #11
Re: stewart not running Chili Bowl?
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
If you guys think that race last year was worth putting on TV or worth someone like Tony Stewarts time I think you better reconsider. That race (if you want to call it that) sucked.

Who ever puts that on better figure out a way to make that more competitive or else we are gonna lose a lot of fans.
and whats your point...have you been :loser:....will you ever go :moon:......DONT KNOCK IT UNTIL YOU TRY IT

11/19/08, 1:22 PM   #12
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
If you guys think that race last year was worth putting on TV or worth someone like Tony Stewarts time I think you better reconsider. That race (if you want to call it that) sucked.

Who ever puts that on better figure out a way to make that more competitive or else we are gonna lose a lot of fans.
I've heard a lot of first-hand accounts of past Chili Bowls, but "the racing wasn't any good" was never one of them. Just the opposite every time, from what I can remember.

11/19/08, 1:32 PM   #13
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
Double edged sword, but maybe the NASCRAP Groupies will thin out a bit.....
we can only hope ,the two idiot's in front of me like to stand up when thing's get interesting!

were standing at the ramp that goes down to the track just checking out the car's when all of a sudden this mob came straight toward's us,they had just pushed stewarts car out of his pit not even 10' to get in line. people were climbing over the barricade's and up the fence to get his picture not a one of them had a midget or any type of open wheel shirt or hat on,it reminded me of the old godzilla movie's where he would attack the town and everybody would run panicked thru the street's:kookoo

11/19/08, 1:48 PM   #14
RACEADDICT

Just got my chili bowl entry in the mail on tuesday. Did anyone else notice that the price of pitpasses for the week have gone up again for the competitiors. No longer any discounted pit passes for crew members and drivers(I believe it was 5 per car). Now you are looking at over $200 bucks a piece just for pitpasses.

First time in a long time that i will not be there. Not worried about missing much Either........

11/19/08, 1:51 PM   #15
Heromaker

Has anyone ever thought that with the economy the way it is, and starting a new cup team, that maybe money is a little tight and it is just not in the budget to run this year???

11/19/08, 3:23 PM   #16
LEADERS EDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heromaker View Post
Has anyone ever thought that with the economy the way it is, and starting a new cup team, that maybe money is a little tight and it is just not in the budget to run this year???
How can I put this.......No, I have to believe that is not the problem. He probably has enough change in his cup holders(Jet included) and on his dresser top to get to this years 'Bowl.

Kidding aside, I would have to believe that he is facing what many other business owners face; lack of time and too many other commitments.

So this begs the question: Does Tony now beg himself for forgiveness when he gets home and looks in the mirror or does he now show himself the courtesy of asking permission to go racing when looking in the mirror in the morning? (My vote is he still doesn't ask permission)

11/19/08, 3:31 PM   #17
RacinFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
How can I put this.......No, I have to believe that is not the problem. He probably has enough change in his cup holders(Jet included) and on his dresser top to get to this years 'Bowl.

Kidding aside, I would have to believe that he is facing what many other business owners face; lack of time and too many other commitments.

So this begs the question: Does Tony now beg himself for forgiveness when he gets home and looks in the mirror or does he now show himself the courtesy of asking permission to go racing when looking in the mirror in the morning? (My vote is he still doesn't ask permission)

Very well said:thumb

11/19/08, 7:58 PM   #18
polecar

i also see that move in day is sunday jan. 11. practice on monday. it looks like all day, somehow. which would be good. they could rework the track as needed. but now your in tulsa for a whole week (7 to 8 night). $210 for pit pass per person. what was that about the economy the way it is? the economy going to be good in tulsa this january.

11/19/08, 8:38 PM   #19
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by polecar View Post
i also see that move in day is sunday jan. 11. practice on monday. it looks like all day, somehow. which would be good. they could rework the track as needed. but now your in tulsa for a whole week (7 to 8 night). $210 for pit pass per person. what was that about the economy the way it is? the economy going to be good in tulsa this january.
If your taking a race car it's more than likely you'll be there for 10 days to 2 weeks just so you can get your trailer in line to get in the building.::eek:

11/19/08, 8:52 PM   #20
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post

Scott.... Hook line and sinker. I would never have thought you of all prople would have taken the bait.

It was a joke I know he could pay for the entire field if he wanted.

T

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > stewart not running Chili Bowl?