IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wiilie Nelson Special Superduke
7/10/10, 4:40 PM   #11
Re: Wiilie Nelson Special Superduke
ddracing

Bounce you're close, Duke showed up at Eldora with a basket case. Wanted to go to Terra Haute the next day. We took the car back to Carl's and worked all night putting it together, made Terra Haute, transferred through B. Mag went bad in the A.

7/10/10, 6:51 PM   #12
dant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Good point Bob....I'm surprised that, by now, we aren't going to "little people" races.
David.
or perhaps 'vertically challenged '

7/10/10, 7:22 PM   #13
Seadog

Was this the car that was red on one side and blue on the other?

7/10/10, 9:35 PM   #14
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by dant View Post
or perhaps 'vertically challenged '
I was always called "shorty", then about 15 yrs ago I found out I was indeed, "vertically challenged"! Bob

7/11/10, 1:22 PM   #15
Tony Barhorst

I will never forget the first time I met Duke Cook..It was at the Country Concert At Hickory Hill Lakes festival that my family promotes. I had heard from the front office that a race driver was let in backstage when we had Willie Nelson around 2o years ago..I had to find out who the driver was...it was DUKE..and Willie had given him a backstage pass!....lolol

http://www.facebook.com/jonesville#!...concert?ref=ts

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan6 View Post
Car woulda been faster if Willie himself drove it.
As Colonel Klink would say...HOGAaaaaaN!...lol

7/11/10, 11:20 PM   #16
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony barhorst View Post
i will never forget the first time i met duke cook..it was at the country concert at hickory hill lakes festival that my family promotes. I had heard from the front office that a race driver was let in backstage when we had willie nelson around 2o years ago..i had to find out who the driver was...it was duke..and willie had given him a backstage pass!....lolol

http://www.facebook.com/jonesville#!...concert?ref=ts

---------- post added at 01:24 pm ---------- previous post was at 01:22 pm ----------

as colonel klink would say...hogaaaaaan!...lol
the rest of the story! Wille stayed at my house and i rode on the bus with them!

7/11/10, 11:35 PM   #17
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
Does anyone remember this? I really do not remember this car.
Here is a better picture of one of the Willie Nelson sponsored Nance cars

I don't know if this is the car Duke took the ride in at New Bremen, or not...one of the Nance cars had a red chassis, and one was black.

I also have a picture of the red and blue Willie Nelson sponsored car (which came before the Nance cars), I'll have to scan it, and post it for you.

7/12/10, 1:50 AM   #18
racephoto1

There needs to be an update here, My father and I , Red Pedersen,built the first Nance car Duke drove, the one that got destroyed at New Bremen,the Trosts did the replacement car.

I still say though, I liked Duke's watson car better.That car looked like a real race car,and drove like it too.As Willie Davis said, the ***** was the last of the dinosaurs.

Also when Willie Nelson started sponsering Duke it originally was called Willie Nelson and family.

7/12/10, 10:12 AM   #19
Sprintcarfanatic

So Duke, Did ya come to Lima when they had Chili for Willie, Around the time ol Willie was gettin into trouble for taxes. 10, 15 yrs ago.

7/12/10, 4:43 PM   #20
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
There needs to be an update here, My father and I , Red Pedersen,built the first Nance car Duke drove, the one that got destroyed at New Bremen,the Trosts did the replacement car.

I still say though, I liked Duke's watson car better.That car looked like a real race car,and drove like it too.As Willie Davis said, the ***** was the last of the dinosaurs.

Also when Willie Nelson started sponsering Duke it originally was called Willie Nelson and family.
I'll find out tomorrow, if my friend doesn't forget, he's been having dinner with AJ, and Willie Davis, and several other every Tues, at Kelly's for years, so either AJ or Willie may be able to answer that tomorrow, AJ just finished an original Watson Roadster, a couple of months ago, and it was built from an original Roadster, that had been narrowed, and made into a Sprint Car. Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wiilie Nelson Special Superduke