IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Vermilion County Fairgrounds Oct 2
9/28/10, 9:39 PM   #11
Re: Vermilion County Fairgrounds Oct 2
illiNOISE

Hopefully everyone can work together to help pull this off and save the track. We've seen far too many Illinois tracks closed either temporarilly or for good lately.

9/28/10, 11:40 PM   #12
race2win

John Gurley is the promoter. Good luck!

9/28/10, 11:53 PM   #13
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by race2win View Post
John Gurley is the promoter. Good luck!
Gurley is not the promoter of the track, not going to reiterate that because it has been mentioned quite a few times.

1 member likes this post: Pitstooge
9/29/10, 12:18 AM   #14
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
Gurley is not the promoter of the track, not going to reiterate that because it has been mentioned quite a few times.
Who is then?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/29/10, 12:58 AM   #15
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Who is then?
Gurley's sure promoting it on his website. It clearly states that this is an ASCT points event. According to them anyway.

http://americansprintcartour.com/

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/29/10, 7:37 AM   #16
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry shaw View Post
gurley's sure promoting it on his website. It clearly states that this is an asct points event. According to them anyway.

http://americansprintcartour.com/

jerry
glad i made plans for lawrenceburg 10,000 to win show

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
9/29/10, 8:10 AM   #17
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I understand the whole ASCT negativity. I've not been impressed with what I have seen and heard from them this year. I did attend one of their shows and was not all the impressed. I think they have been given many chances.... I think they didn't have everything set in place when they started and tried to get up and running to fast.

With that said, Steve Thomas is trying to run this show so support it if you can go. Without Steve it doesn't sound like this would be happening so I wouldn't look at it as an ASCT race. So don't boycott because ASCT has thrown their name on it. This is kind of like the old DA argument. Do you boycott a track he owns if he isn't promoting it? If you are going to Lawrenceburg, go there (hard when that race has been on the calendar all year and this just came up). If you were not going to MSCS and you can support Steve, do so I say.... I give him for trying to keep VCS going.
Last edited by openwheelKT; 9/29/10 at 8:16 AM.

1 member likes this post: Pitstooge
9/29/10, 9:51 AM   #18
dirtfan24

Race Count Last Year: 52

Best of luck Steve, I would be there to support you and VCS but already have plans this weekend.

9/29/10, 10:08 AM   #19
JEFFSTOY

If it keeps a racetrack open in this area then lets support it

9/29/10, 10:10 AM   #20
D.O.

Well boys and girls it sure looks like a lot of finger prints are on this race and the contract signed with the fairboard.

Steve Thomas of Bell started all this rolling with his friends and knowing Steve as I do he doesn't want to have his credability trashed unless he felt everything is on the up and up. I don't know of too many people that dislike or don't respect Steve as being a straight up guy.

Steve stuck his name out their first before anything to do with John Gurley surfaced.

So i suggest that you give this a shot and try it. Most cars that will be going, seasons are done, not going anywhere anyway. So this is an added race to many.
Season is almost total over and slowing down so if it turns out good or bad IOW will have something to talk about for a while.

I personally think knowing more today than yesterday that this group of guys realize the problems of the past and will try to avoid anything that has happen in the past.

It's like buying a carton of eggs! Just cause on is cracked doesn't make them all bad.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Vermilion County Fairgrounds Oct 2