IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway
12/19/07, 9:34 AM   #21
Re: IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway
ossuks

Try to follow along, just an idea?

1-Qaulify or Draw
2-1 set of heats 8 cars inverted, last 2 finishers to the semi
3-2nd round of heats with top 6 inverted(eliminate # based on entrants) so that you end up with 16, 18, or 20 cars left.
4-Bmain lined up by Qual times or total # of points take top ?
5 Feature lined up top 10 inverted. 50 laps $5000 to win!

Once a car pushes off for his initial heat, he never returns to the pit area!! All cars go to infeild after there heat, they can have 2 crew members and what ever hand tools they can carry. No tires ect.. If you could not do this in the infeild(rain?) then you could have a roped off area in the pits. One RR tire for the entire evening, if you cut a tire and have to go to the pit area(hauler) then you go to the tail of the B.

12/19/07, 11:15 AM   #22
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Have Aero going thru the stands....selling beer.
Somehow I'm thinking the 50/50 girl would make a more profound impact on sales, even of she has to sell A&W.:wink1:

12/19/07, 11:58 AM   #23
riskybrisky5

I say have a 10 lap shootout Darren Clayton vs Kevin Swindell $5,000 to win winner take all. Afterwards a cage fight with Darren Clayton and Jim Whitside vs Kevin and Sammy Swindell. Also have a wagering window for both events. My money will be on Clayton in both events. lol All in fun

12/19/07, 12:23 PM   #24
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
I say have a 10 lap shootout Darren Clayton vs Kevin Swindell $5,000 to win winner take all. Afterwards a cage fight with Darren Clayton and Jim Whitside vs Kevin and Sammy Swindell. Also have a wagering window for both events. My money will be on Clayton in both events. lol All in fun

This would make for a nice Pay-Per View event(provided the promoter shares in the $ so as not to pess-off D-10).

On 2nd thought, If JW goes in the cage 1st, this bout will be over in a matter of seconds, better have plenty of filler material ready!

12/19/07, 1:00 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
Somehow I'm thinking the 50/50 girl would make a more profound impact on sales, even of she has to sell A&W.:wink1:

Sometimes I wonder if there were cars on the track

12/19/07, 1:02 PM   #26
RichH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
August 2nd, the night before USAC @ Salem. Sprints and no more than two other divisions. Sell laps @ $20 per, give trophies or plaques to all sprint car winners (heats, B, and Feature) and have them presented by a different IOW member each race such as 'Burg regulars Marv, Dan, Danny B, Hoover, Chuck, etc. I'll be busy doing my security thing with the 50/50 girl.:rolling::kookoo2::rolling:
This might also be a good night for our annual BARC [Buckeye Autorace Fan Club] Polish Luau at the 'Burg. This brings in about 75 members most years.
:hoffman:

12/19/07, 2:38 PM   #27
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
This might also be a good night for our annual BARC [Buckeye Autorace Fan Club] Polish Luau at the 'Burg. This brings in about 75 members most years.
:hoffman:
Polish Luau? How about some details. Also agree with IOW night in August. Polish Luau.........?:confused:

12/19/07, 3:16 PM   #28
Racerrob

One of the BARC members, who is of Polish decent, cooks a "Polish Luau" which consists of layers of ears of corn, potatoes, cabbage, onions and sausage steamed over an open fire in a......garbage can.

Let the jokes and political correctness and incorrectness begin!!

I have partaken of this feast many times and can attest to it being very good!!

Rob Hoffman

12/19/07, 3:21 PM   #29
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerrob View Post
One of the BARC members, who is of Polish decent, cooks a "Polish Luau" which consists of layers of ears of corn, potatoes, cabbage, onions and sausage steamed over an open fire in a......garbage can.

Let the jokes and political correctness and incorrectness begin!!

I have partaken of this feast many times and can attest to it being very good!!

Rob Hoffman
BET ME & CHUCK COULD EAT A LOT OF THAT STUFF

12/19/07, 3:28 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
BET ME & CHUCK COULD EAT A LOT OF THAT STUFF
I eat a lot of Fish too. No reference to Marv intended

Chuck, down 70pds from last spring and hopes to loose another 70 before events like this make it hard to maintain a steady diet

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway