IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell
11/5/07, 11:55 AM   #21
Re: Sammy Swindell
Shawn

I have never been a huge fan of Sammy Swindell's, but the Chili Bowl this past year sealed the deal as to why I am not a fan of his. It's sad to see his son follow in his path, but it appears he is...

I guess he gets it honest...

11/5/07, 12:13 PM   #22
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I was at PAS also and had a good view of Kevin wrecking the Ripper in the heat race on Thursday. I also had a clear view of him running over Clayton Saturday, as I was sitting near the first turn and was watching the two of them. He just flat out hit both of them. Not clean racing, not a racing thing, he just ran into them.

Frank Daigh

11/5/07, 12:29 PM   #23
RichC

Quote:
Kevin Swindell drove his butt off Thursday night - passed Casey Shuman on the last lap and ran everyone clean as a whistle.
Hmm, Let's recap

Thursday - Took out Rip about as uncleanly as they get.
Friday - Spins by himself on initial start, takes 6 cars with him.
Saturday - Dumps Clayton out of 3rd place.

That is quite the trifecta. Some may argue that Friday's events were not unclean driving but their case/defense doesn't wash with the arguing going on that the pole driver waited too long to take off. I'm sorry, 1. Doesn't the pole driver control the pace? and 2. If the pole driver waits until the start cone to take off rather than go early and somebody leaves before the pole driver, who is at fault?

In general, I've seen the talent level between the West Coast and Midwest rise and fall. Sometimes the talent is better in one place over another. Right now, there's not a ton of white hot talent on the West Coast so I was a bit interested in seeing what this new bunch of Midwest kids looked like. I'm quite underwhelmed. In general, most of them seem to fly it in there hoping it all works out. That's not really "driving" to me.

I wouldn't fault Sammy for defending his son. After all, look at him. I don't think Chuck Liddell has anything to fear from this kid. I'd be disappointed if Sammy didn't kick his backside afterwards.

Having said that, I see that Clayton has improved a lot and maybe some of these other guys eventually will as well.

Why were the stands empty Thurs/Fri? Imagine that Perris was located where Gas City is. Imagine that there is no loop around Indy and that just one North/South highway exists to take you from Indy to Gas City/Perris. Also imagine that there really isn't any population to the north/east/west of Gas City and just about everyone comes from the south. Oh, also imagine that Indy has 15x more people and that while everyone works in Indy, the affordable housing is all in Anderson. Trafficwise, it's just not fun to drive to Perris in the afternoon during the week.

11/5/07, 12:30 PM   #24
RandyF46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
I Could Have Used Something Like %$#%^^* If Thats What You Want
Then you admit you don't know him. So calling him a "brat" was a way to make you feel good? Ok, I've got it figured out.

By the way, I have been run into by Kevin. I still wouldn't call him a brat.

11/5/07, 12:32 PM   #25
Dblchkrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyF46 View Post
Then you admit you don't know him. So calling him a "brat" was a way to make you feel good. Ok, I've got it figured out.

I think that was meant for me
Bloomington Speedway
Kokomo Speedway

11/5/07, 12:54 PM   #26
Bubba Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyF46 View Post
Then you admit you don't know him. So calling him a "brat" was a way to make you feel good? Ok, I've got it figured out.

By the way, I have been run into by Kevin. I still wouldn't call him a brat.
Oh come on Randy...you been run into by everyone. :doh:

11/5/07, 1:12 PM   #27
usa1bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
T
Just a question that will surely get this topic really going. Why is it ok for Jack Hewitt to do this sort of stuff (punch people, hold up races, cuss them out, and more), but yet Sammy cannot without being a dirty rotten *******? Just a question that I've pondered since reading this post.
No comparison at all. Don never had to fight Jack's battles. Also when Jack fought, it was for the most part, the other guy's fault. JMO.

11/5/07, 1:38 PM   #28
RandyF46

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1bowtie View Post
No comparison at all. Don never had to fight Jack's battles. Also when Jack fought, it was for the most part, the other guy's fault. JMO.

LOLOLOL Hell yes it was thier fault.....................Just ask Jack!!!:rolling:

I know for a fact that Jack thumped Sammy on numerous occasions. At one point Jack was so mad that he told Sammy he was going to "beat his ass" every time he saw him that season.

11/5/07, 1:53 PM   #29
D.O.

SO rumor or fact ? Clayton gets fined $1000 for walking to or towards his pit??? from the crash site? Wasn't there didn't see video clip yet.

Hey at least Slamming Sammy has the passion to fight right or wrong at his age. Race fans will talk about that at the water cooler this week.

:thumb:

11/5/07, 2:33 PM   #30
bigmojo5

From Jim Morrison
So, just exactly who did Kevin impersonate? Dana Carter? A.J. Foyt. Jack Hewitt? Dale Earnhart? Tony Stewart?
And after reading this thread, all I know for sure is there was a crash, someone flipped someone off and someone, apparently, stood up for his kid.
That's never happened at a race track before. RIGHT.
Sounds like just a night of short track racing to me.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell