IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DAD (Offline)
  #21 3/26/15 2:29 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Spec tires, and driver adjustable anything! Was referring to the go-kart post! Bob
Nope:::

Who has the best deal on tire DOPE?? They start out at Harbor freight for a hundred bucks and then proceed to put $1000.00 dollars in stock appearing Voodoo engines to out run the only driver in the whole bunch>who also happens to race one of Voodoo's Motors.

That is the way racing works>>>>>>>

Honest Dad himself
xoxide (Offline)
  #22 3/26/15 3:06 PM
Originally Posted by MHess:
The high cost of Gasoline?? haha

I really don't feel the mechanical part of midget motors are that much different or advanced. I do believe that the electronics on midget motors have made a world of difference in performance.

I also feel that Carbon Fiber nor titanium is needed in midget racing. The costs of these products are staggering. I'd be happy to see it illegal. I'd also like to see a weight rule without the driver again.

If these products are outlawed and the weight rule changed, then lets make bolt on weight illegal also. Go back to being able to build a midget with aluminum, fiberglass, and steel bolts that makes the weight without having to bolt weight on.

Oh well opinions are like....or something like that.
Ti and Carbon aren't the problem. People think "oh if you ban this part or that part itll make it more fair and cheaper for all".... My opinion is, if I want to spend the money on Titanium or Carbon, I should be allowed to. (Not speaking of rotating Ti), but neither has ANY performance advantage to it. If im meeting weight rules, it should not matter. If you cannot afford to buy ti, or carbon that's perfectly fine! Some people can, and some people want to.

Now we can argue a lighter car means placing weight where you want it to meet weight.... Whatever. Quit making more rules ruling out more parts, and lets all just race! Weve seen people time in and time out beat top of the line cars with hoopty's....

I can understand no rotating ti, but past that, the "no carbon/ti" rule is ridiculous.

Sincerely,
The 21 year old college student running an ecotec with titanium parts- because I worked my ass off to be able to afford nice parts.
2 Likes: DAD, Ken Bonnema
oldfan49 (Offline)
  #23 3/28/15 7:14 PM
It doesn't matter the class go to a race that pays XX and look at the top 3 cars then go to a race that pays half that much and look at the top 3 cars and I bet you won't see a lot of difference. There are people that can and will spend what it takes to dominate no matter the pay. And it isn't going to make any difference if it's a open or "limited" class. People will find a way to buy as much horsepower and the tire/suspension combination allows. The tire/suspension package is the limiting factor.
What to me is killing the sport is all the cars sitting in garages, barn, fields, and listed in classified because the racer can no longer look their family in the face when they get home because of the start pay to weekly expense ratio. I believe the average racer builds the car they can afford and races for expense money. I also believe the outdated top heavy purse is killing the sport.

I firmly think the secret to saving the sport not so much worrying about the top few cars as making it where more racers can afford to make it to the track and still be able to buy groceries for the family
8 Likes: cws9, Hot Rod K., Ken Bonnema, micro23, RickyBobby, tq 91, TQ29m, Wayne Davis