IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Springfield Silver Crown Post from USAC
8/21/24, 12:41 PM   #21
Re: No Springfield Silver Crown Post from USAC
jdull99

I go on NSSN, RACER, Jayski, TJ, and Hoseheads more than once a day (in addition to iow)...all of them include winner's names...and if there is a series I want to avoid the winner, I do not go on those pages (that might have it)...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
8/22/24, 12:26 AM   #22
jdull99

Maybe, without the post from USAC, we will have to check the website and will or will not miss the update on the Sprint car points / and possible fine...(I honestly don't even know for sure who was maybe guilty of the weight deal).

1 member likes this post: John P Huss
8/22/24, 1:00 AM   #23
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
My heart has been warmed by this new happening. I have vented about spoilers posted on here thanks to Richie and the USAC auto populate system a few times. Why said spoilers from USAC cannot be put in a separate folder/thread still baffles my open wheel mind.

Perhaps this is an issue related to USAC's new site, or perhaps my comments pertaining to spoilers have FINALLY fallen upon ears that are not deaf. Although I think the former is the answer, I will relish this moment in IOW history wherein IOW does not give USAC an avenue to post spoilers.

As for now, I guess all opposed to my stance are just going to have to go to the USAC website to read about the happenings from race-to-race.

I won't win this in the long haul, but I am loving it in the short haul. Spoiler posters and fans of them, I fart in your general direction!
If you're worried about "Spoilers" don't go to IOW until you've watched the replay. Its easy...
As far as I'm concerned, if they post after the race is over, its not a "spoiler"
Lots of us come to this Website to keep informed

8/23/24, 7:17 AM   #24
miledirt

Yeah Grant kind of stole the show, but there was really good racing a little farther back. Cockrum was really coming on strong. Kyle Steffens had what was one of his better runs. They had a B main.

Going most every year, I actually thought the crowd was up and pretty good

Got my annual Vose handmade corndog, those things are money!

Can't wait for DuQuoin. Yeah I wish it was under the light too. But the Silver Crown series is truly special Americana racing with some really good young shoes in it right now. Thanks to all the owners keeping this series strong.

8/23/24, 8:35 AM   #25
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
If you're worried about "Spoilers" don't go to IOW until you've watched the replay. Its easy...
As far as I'm concerned, if they post after the race is over, its not a "spoiler"
Lots of us come to this Website to keep informed
I understand that all the way, Jim. My point is as long as the "result/winner" is not in the title of the thread, that way I can still come to IOW, see the Picture of the Day, see if my good bud flagboy55 has started another thread for all of us to ponder, debate, and think about, see who has unfortunately passed away, see what the upcoming car count might be somewhere, etc.

jdull99 just posted a new thread with this title: https://www.usacracing.com/news/koko...rint-car-resul

Now THAT is how I hope things are posted! Thank you, Jason! No names as to who won. If you wish to read, click and go!

Apparently the sprint car end of the USAC website is not auto populating to IOW either?
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 8/23/24 at 3:08 PM.

8/23/24, 4:33 PM   #26
JackSam40

emailed Ritchie at usac and asked why no post on IOW. He said the Bill had did something when he set up the site to link usac to it and with the new usac site no one has figured out how to get it back. Hope this helps.
I

2 members like this post: jdull99, mc/rider
8/25/24, 12:46 PM   #27
chathamracefan

The arca series is a shell of what it used to be and frankly isn’t worth the price of admission imo. It used to be the race of the year for me with 30 to 40 cars showing up. Good mix of arca vets and local dirt racers. Now it’s a cup developmental playground with a bunch of here today gone tomorrow 18 year olds running. They had 21 cars this year but only about 10 of those were solid
rides from what I saw on tv. Frankly am surprised the arca race is still happening Must be the tv keeping it afloat.

FYI this is a reply to the Sunday crowd post above. Realized I didn’t paste it in after I submitted.
Last edited by chathamracefan; 8/25/24 at 12:49 PM.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, okie, Scott Daloisio
8/26/24, 3:08 AM   #28
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
The arca series is a shell of what it used to be and frankly isn’t worth the price of admission imo. It used to be the race of the year for me with 30 to 40 cars showing up. Good mix of arca vets and local dirt racers. Now it’s a cup developmental playground with a bunch of here today gone tomorrow 18 year olds running. They had 21 cars this year but only about 10 of those were solid
rides from what I saw on tv. Frankly am surprised the arca race is still happening Must be the tv keeping it afloat.

FYI this is a reply to the Sunday crowd post above. Realized I didn’t paste it in after I submitted.
I know it doesn't drum up a lot of interest, but Menards does GREAT at helping to promote the ARCA series...I wished like Silver Crowns or any open wheel series had the cross-promotion that Menards does do for the ARCA series...I suspect Menards dumps a good amount of $ into the series as well (but who knows how the details really work).

Taylor's run at Springfield was certainly noteworthy too. She has had some good results (in stock cars now, and midgets in recent years).

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Springfield Silver Crown Post from USAC