IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just clearing the air....
8/6/11, 1:25 PM   #21
Re: Just clearing the air....
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
We all hate each other.
We all like complaining.
We don't like it when you talk about your favorite race track.
We don't like support classes.
We don't like rough race tracks.
We don't like smooth tracks.
We don't like dry tracks.
We don't like slick tracks.
We don't like rubber down tracks.
We don't like dusty tracks.
We don't like cushions.
We don't like wet tracks.
We don't like concrete walls.
We don't like rainouts.
We don't like the heat.
We don't like the cold.
Those are my seats damnit.
Costs to much.
Doesn't pay enough.
Our kids should get in free.
You miss your free speech.
and yes, I'm a dick.

Well, that should cover it.

I feel so much better now that I released that sarcasm.

What is this sarcasm you speak of?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/6/11, 2:20 PM   #22
SPRINTCAR

Well, throwing in by a few, the freedom of speech comment. I don't see that poster on here for one. Picking on people okay, complaining no no no. There are complimenting posts and complaining posts on here. To each their own.

8/6/11, 2:46 PM   #23
Bill Gardner
Administrator

You want to know what one the great things about dying from cancer is.... It allows me to appreciate the small things. The things that really matter. For each one of us that visits this site... one common thing connects us all. We all enjoy racing.

Now, I'm not blind.... I don't live in fantasyland. Yes, there are problems and each problem needs to be addressed in some manner or another. There is a point where voicing an opinion over and over crosses the line and becomes annoying.

Now, I know, I can talk until I am blue in the face, the fact of the matter is that some of you will never get it. Racing isn't as bad as some would like to think it is.

8/6/11, 7:47 PM   #24
RichH

I'm just glad to be here and following "real"sprint cars, ever when it's online instead of being there. When things go wrong, as they often do, it gives us something to ***** about- now that's worth something!

8/6/11, 7:49 PM   #25
Pat O'Connor Fan

I believe that a person who chooses to use "Huh???" as his online signature might well "have no reading comprehension skills" (his words, not mine!)
He should remember that this is Bill's site; hence Bill most certainly can post whatever he chooses to post. If Bill's use of sarcasm irks a few, they are certainly free to hang out elsewhere.

8/6/11, 8:13 PM   #26
LocalYokel

Some people just aren't on the level man...
Posted via Mobile Device

8/6/11, 9:29 PM   #27
i love dirt track racing

i love you man. thanks for all you do for the best dirt track fans.

8/7/11, 12:19 AM   #28
Danny Burton

Maybe we would all be better off if we had Bill's attitude toward life. All of our very days are numbered.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

8/7/11, 2:14 PM   #29
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
I believe that a person who chooses to use "Huh???" as his online signature might well "have no reading comprehension skills" (his words, not mine!)
Believe what you want.........

Huh???:
Is a funny little comment my 10 year old daughter says. Sometimes, when I ask her something, she will look at me and pause a few seconds, then say 'Huh' really goofy, and laugh. Regarding her intelligence: She is gifted in 3 subjects, and advanced in 3 others. Plus her 'cognitive skills' are off of the charts.

Her sisters are also gifted in 2 subjects, and advanced in 4 others, plus all three of the girls are Honor Students.

My wife and I have 4 degrees between us......

Sorry, but your attempt at a smart @ssed comment was a failure.
Last edited by Need For Speed; 8/7/11 at 4:47 PM.

8/7/11, 4:21 PM   #30
Rogue-9

I really don't see how he missed the point. It looked to me like your point was that everyone needs to chill out and stop complaing about every little thing that bothers them at a racetrack. He responded by basically saying, would you rather that everyone acted like everything was perfect at every race and didn't express themselves on here. Yes some people complain too much and about stupid things. But when I complain about something on an internet forum, its with the hope than someone at the track sees it and makes some changes. For instance, the sprint week show at gas city, i complained about the reworking of the track right before the feature, making the track too tacky, with very little passing. Why did I complain, to vent? No. It's because if no one says anything the track is going to think they are doing the right thing, and keep doing it. If people complain, they might try something else. Waynesfield was a little too tacky yesterday too, but that wasn't their fault, it was because of rain. With gas city, the track would have been great, had they not reworked it. I didn't want gas city to think they did the right thing, so I complained. I've been to two usac shows at gas city this year and they did the same thing both shows, so I felt that I needed to say something, with the hope that next time they don't make the same mistake, and put on a great show. That's where I think the value of complaining on a message board is. Yes some people take it too far, aand need to chill out, but that's still better than the alternative, in which everyone keeps their opinions to themselves and are never heard. That was the point that I think NFS was trying to make, which seemed to me an appropriate response to Bill's post.

2 members like this post: MWestfallfan54, Need For Speed
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just clearing the air....