IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Widening?
12/23/13, 8:24 PM   #21
Re: Bloomington Speedway Widening?
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Talked to Henry, the track prep guy today and this is what he told me

What we did was narrow up the straight away some and widened the corners. Right now its just setting untill the dirt is able to be worked again

12/23/13, 9:07 PM   #22
HurstBros0

A competitor that dominates at a venue is not a new thing. It makes his competition work harder and in turn makes them better racers.

I will agree that early in the evening the track was kinda narrow. If you drew a bad number it was tough to pass to advance to a better starting spot in the feature. If these improvements make it better for the competitors, then it will surely be a bonus for the people on the hill. It`s great that they are trying.

12/24/13, 7:06 PM   #23
treecitytornado

I'm glad they are making the turns wider, but why would you narrow the straights? That doesn't make any sense. Make the whole think wider if possible.

1 member likes this post: johnnythunderhead
12/24/13, 7:23 PM   #24
Jerry Shaw

I'm not going to second guess a track that is making an investment, to try to improve their racing surface. When I see this, I see another track that plans on being around for another handful of years, at least.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 12/24/13 at 7:25 PM.

5 members like this post: Flatrightrear, mtek56, racing2bwithu2, ronmil, ShaneMugavin57
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Widening?