IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Unfriendly Fan Rule
4/1/10, 7:57 AM   #21
Re: New Unfriendly Fan Rule
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
Doesn't The WoO have a rule like this also?
And they've had it for years...and the world has NOT come to an end!

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
4/1/10, 8:07 AM   #22
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Is this rule meant to be midget or sprint specific? By that I mean can a USAC National Sprint Car driver race at a track that does not host a USAC National Sprint Car race but does host a USAC National Midget Race and vice versa.

4/1/10, 8:09 AM   #23
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE View Post
Why USAC Why not only is the rule unfriendly it totally sucks for drivers who race for a living or just love to race
most guy's who race for a living are not point racer's,they race for the $$$$ but if the point thing happen's that's o.k to.

good example > hockett

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
4/1/10, 8:32 AM   #24
Seadog

Well, the way I see it is - Don Moore is just being Don Moore. His life seemingly revolves around whining, crying and stirring the pot. Just another reason for Don and his cronies to beat up on USAC. It's getting pretty old.

And it's obvious John3G thinks he can build his own organization up by tearing down the other guy with disparaging remarks. Not workin' for me.

What's kind of funny is that there are monetary rewards for drivers that will do this, and IIRC, these two did not even mention that.

As a fan, this doesn't bother me at all. I am a USAC fan first and foremost. I don't really see how this rule will hurt that many drivers showing up at that many events, providing you fully read and fully understand the rule as posted on another thread here.

And as for the drivers, nobody is holding a gun to their head to do this.

You guys remind me of the political campaigns from a couple years ago - you're telling me what is wrong with the other guy rather than selling your own good points. That ain't gettin' my vote. If you really think this is a legitimate gripe, why air it on a public forum? Will that help? Likely not. Call 317-247-5151 and ask for Kevin or Jason or Jason is my suggestion. I think one of these guys will probably talk to you about it.

Just relax and enjoy. This will work itself out. Trust me.

4/1/10, 8:53 AM   #25
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Well, the way I see it is - Don Moore is just being Don Moore. His life seemingly revolves around whining, crying and stirring the pot. Just another reason for Don and his cronies to beat up on USAC. It's getting pretty old.

And it's obvious John3G thinks he can build his own organization up by tearing down the other guy with disparaging remarks. Not workin' for me.

What's kind of funny is that there are monetary rewards for drivers that will do this, and IIRC, these two did not even mention that.

As a fan, this doesn't bother me at all. I am a USAC fan first and foremost. I don't really see how this rule will hurt that many drivers showing up at that many events, providing you fully read and fully understand the rule as posted on another thread here.

You guys remind me of the political campaigns from a couple years ago - you're telling me what is wrong with the other guy rather than selling your own good points. That ain't gettin' my vote. If you really think this is a legitimate gripe, why air it on a public forum? Will that help? Likely not. Call 317-247-5151 and ask for Kevin or Jason or Jason is my suggestion. I think one of these guys will probably talk to you about it.

First off John3g didn't post anything that wasn't fact. Second of all I don't need to tear down any other series. This is a bad rule. Period. USAC does not run enough races for this kind of rule. I have always been against the inversion and always will. Third of all I know first hand of what is going on in this state when it comes to sprint and midget racing behind the scenes. Just ask POWRI they also know and I don't believe you sir (and most fans)have any clue of what is happening and I do believe that you as a fan wouldn't care about this rule or any other rule. You need to come out of the stands and head to the pits and find out what is really happening behind the scenes. You might be suprised at what you learn. John Gurley

Oh if I was going to tear down a series I would be chopp'n on the MSCS group or POWRI. They would be the most logical choices not USAC. But I think the MSCS guys have done an awsome job filling a void between USAC and the less funded teams and POWRI is an equally great series. POWRI puts on one hell of a show!!
Last edited by john3g; 4/1/10 at 9:01 AM.

4/1/10, 8:54 AM   #26
Rpracing1

I also see no problem with this rule as apparently the majority here also do not. Just a grumpy, well to do ,old jealous car owner and persons searching for a piece of the big pie. Best of luck to you guys.

4/1/10, 8:57 AM   #27
jjones776

Once again John gurley/john3g is on a message board showing his lack of professionalism. What's new??? U don't see Kevin miller on here bashing his series, but then again that's probably why Kevin is the pres. Of the United States Auto Club and gurley's the pres of a series that has not even held a race yet. Hmmmmmmmm
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: GregD
4/1/10, 9:22 AM   #28
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones776 View Post
Once again John gurley/john3g is on a message board showing his lack of professionalism. What's new??? U don't see Kevin miller on here bashing his series, but then again that's probably why Kevin is the pres. Of the United States Auto Club and gurley's the pres of a series that has not even held a race yet. Hmmmmmmmm
Posted via Mobile Device
Professionalism?? For giving my opinion on a rule? Read the whole posting. You need to read the entire thread. You act as if this is a personell attack on you.Why is that?? Has our series done anything to warrant this kind of statement? HaveI done something to you personnally to warrant your statement? Disaggree with me I have no problem with that. Debate is good but my questioning this or any other rule is not a direct attack on anyone.

4/1/10, 9:30 AM   #29
racefan20

John you obvoiusly dont get it. Putting yourself in the position you have put yourself in(with a new series) changes the rules for public discourse. I wouldnt be picking a fight with USAC if I were you, they can make you life miserable(ask Joe Mershon...if you can find him). If I were in your place I would worry about my own series and stay out of stupid petty whinefests like this one.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7 members like this post: Fred Zirzow, GregD, mtek56, racephoto1, Seadog, spicoli, TheLip2
4/1/10, 9:36 AM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter25 View Post
And they've had it for years...and the world has NOT come to an end!
I can remember late 80s, early 90s Steve running some non WoO stuff. CRA Eldora, Four Crown. Burg All Star race, Sammy did the same and Wolfgang one year raced anywhere and everywhere with Danny Peace

So it's not always been in effect.

I see a lot of Luke Warmwaters coming out of the woodwork

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post

While I agree with many points,
How is John tearing another organization here and trying to build his own out of it? Name me the regular USAC team running steel blocks?????????????????????????

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Unfriendly Fan Rule