IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin vs. Late Model Indoor Race
12/14/16, 12:41 AM   #21
Re: Du Quoin vs. Late Model Indoor Race
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
There's a video here with Wallace and a LM running a little on the St. Lous Track
https://www.facebook.com/GatewayDirt...c_ref=NEWSFEED
The orange Late Model was Tri-City Speedway Promoter Kevin Gundaker's son Gordy. They only reason they ran the test is to figure out how they might do track prep and to see how track will hold up with the heavy cars on it.. Seeing that Kevin is doing the track prep. Looks like they will have one of the best in the business doing it.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
12/14/16, 7:58 AM   #22
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK222 View Post
I need to apologize for defending Indy Indoors prior to the event. A lot of smart people told me it would be a joke, I argued it's better than nothing! I was wrong, nothing would have been better and my bank account was about 200.00 dollars less after the night. The only saving grace from the night being that I was semi buzzed from the carbon monoxide during the ride home. Never again will I be a sucker for an unproven indoor event. The so called test I saw showed 1 car on the track, hmmm? You are not going to race with 1 car on the track at a time. If you really wanted to be accurate you would put 8 cars are on the track at the same time. The 8 cars should consist of 2 really good cars/drivers, 4 weekend warriors, and 2 guys that have never been on a racetrack before. Pill draw for starting position and have at it. That would have been an accurate test.
So the only two (One being the track prep guys son and Wallace) Who are there two days early, isn't a fair test. I get that. Still looked better than I expected. On the gas!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/14/16 at 8:09 AM.

3 members like this post: JDFAST, jim goerge, PIT CART
12/14/16, 9:34 AM   #23
sprinter31

I am headed to DuQuoin, hope all goes well in STL. But what is the track going to look like after 400 cars qualify. I guess I am like every one else need to be proven to me before I go and I had free tickets offered to me. LoL

12/15/16, 11:12 AM   #24
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

Looks like they added some bank to the track, methinks they've been listening to feedback hmm...

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
12/17/16, 11:24 AM   #25
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_says17 View Post
Looks like they added some bank to the track, methinks they've been listening to feedback hmm...
Place screams Midgets. Maybe even sprints but I'd have a better fence for sprints.
Video of second half of last nights feature if you have facebook
From the videos I've seen the LM's seem to work better than the mods. But track seemed like it just packed in last night before features. still even three-four were a bit choppy.
http://www.facebook.com/herb.engelha...12027917679796
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/17/16 at 11:26 AM.

12/17/16, 1:18 PM   #26
hoosier race fan

Good late model feature last night. If this show is a hit maybe they could turn it into a 2 weekend program with late models/mods one weekend and midgets/mini-sprints the other weekend. They would need some safety upgrades to do sprints and probably even midgets, but I would imagine it could be done. For scheduling they could do the midget show first (last weekend) so it doesn't create a conflict with the Duquoin show. The track is already built so might as well use it twice and potentially double the money.

12/17/16, 2:22 PM   #27
btg1963

I love the ideas about two weekends! I just wonder what they would sock the promoter with as far as rent the extra full week... The promoter would have to rent the whole place for that long.... Might cost a small fortune. How does the attendance look for the show this week? I am traveling and haven't kept up.

12/17/16, 10:36 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

From what I understand they have a great crowd for the saturday night portion. Also from what I understand, IT's already booked for next year.
Why not NW and Wing sprints? if they built the track just one day sooner They could take Tues and Weds'. There were cars that practiced on it tuesday anyway.

Kenny Wallace said the rent was cheap. its weekends the facility was never booked before because the Rams Played there. Full week of racing, Maybe switch it to New Years weekend if thats available as a lot of people are off that week anyway and conventions aren't the thing for a holiday.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/17/16 at 10:40 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/17/16, 11:33 PM   #29
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Maybe switch it to New Years weekend if thats available as a lot of people are off that week anyway and conventions aren't the thing for a holiday.
Not a bad suggestion but I think you might as well take a piss in Tony Barhorst and Bob Koorsen's drink. That's usually the same time as the rumble in Ft. Wayne

12/17/16, 11:36 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
Not a bad suggestion but I think you might as well take a piss in Tony Barhorst and Bob Koorsen's drink. That's usually the same time as the rumble in Ft. Wayne
With the exceptions of a couple drivers and possibly cars, I doubt it would hurt FT. Wayne one bit.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin vs. Late Model Indoor Race