IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!
8/23/09, 8:24 PM   #21
Re: Race fans!
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

ive been to 3 or 4 new tracks this year. prolly pushing 60 races at least. i go to at least one a weekend mostly 2 and if kokomo races i usually go also...

8/23/09, 8:44 PM   #22
mermaid

I am lucky enough to live in Iowa, where you can find a race just about any night of the week. Most of the time I drive 2 hours each way on Saturdays to go to Knoxville. I drive to Eldora Speedway (to visit my family) quite a bit which takes me 8 hours each way. I hit the Rumble every year which is a good 7 or 8 hours each way. During Nationals I go to 10 races in 10 days (11 races in 11 days this year thanks to Mother Nature). Otherwise, I probably only get 2 or 3 sprint car races a week on a good week. If there is nothing going on in Iowa I'll drive to South Dakota, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Illinois... I also have the good fortune of travelling for my job, so I always take my National Speedway Directory with me wherever I go. This year it got me to a USAC show at Mercer Raceway Park in Mercer, PA and a sprint show at USA Raceway in Tucson, AZ. I'm what you might call obsessed.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/23/09, 8:52 PM   #23
Duane Hancock

So far 58 races this year with 22-30 yet to go... in 5 states at 20 different tracks so far this year.

At least 1 a week, up to 7 during speedweeks and such. Most tracks I hit are within 2 hours but a few are farther, Knoxville 508 miles, and Charlotte in Nov is around 700 miles one way when i go back there this year...Chili Bowl was just a little farther than that...
Last edited by Duane Hancock; 8/24/09 at 1:00 AM.

8/23/09, 9:05 PM   #24
Skatterit

I try to go every time I get a chance. I have been to the races 18 times this year, most were within 2 hrs. but have traveled up to 4 hours 1 way.

8/23/09, 9:59 PM   #25
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

I go 3 nights a week every week they run 3 nights.Distance depends on which tracks I attend, any where from 40 miles one way(gas city) to 309 to Haubstadt.64 dirt sprint or midget races in 5 states,one pavement and one late model race so far.

8/23/09, 10:02 PM   #26
IndyBound

How often I get to a sprint car race depends on what side of the U. S. A. I am on. I attended Manzy weekly when I am at home out west, that is until they sold off my favorite dirt track this year. Manzy was a half hour from my home. This year I was at the final Copper on Dirt, the final WoO race at Manzy, the final weekend of racing at Manzy as well as a couple of weekly sprint, late model and mod lite races. USA Raceway, Tucson is usually a two and half hour trip. My last sprint car race this year was the USAC race at Richmond. When I am back east I attend more supermodified races than sprint car races with a couple of summer time USAC Silver Crown races thrown into the mix. I think nothing of traveling as much as 10 to 14 hours or more to a race if it is a race I really want to attend.

Patti

8/23/09, 10:07 PM   #27
Tq14

Only Indiana sprintweek races or Lawrenceburg specials.....I support the midgets and want to help bring them back

2 members like this post: IndyBound, SUPERDUKE
8/24/09, 12:28 AM   #28
ByronMack

So far this year, I've been to all the races at Bloomington, 1 at Haubstaut (Rained out,going back for the 50 lapper in September) and 2 at Lawrenceburg. Also went to spring ARCA race at Salem. Probably wont be able to make any more rces at bloomington, got called back to work on 2nd shift and kind of ruined the rest of the season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by ByronMack; 8/24/09 at 12:29 AM.

8/24/09, 12:50 AM   #29
T&A Racing

Before this year:

3 times a week most weekends. Sprint weeks, other states, some mid week shows(NWWC) and such, Reg. Gas City and Kokomo but hit Bloomington and such for special events or when I-69 not running. Saturday races would be anywhere that sounded good. 50-60 races a year plenty of travel.

This year:

No job, back to school full time, after 3 months in a wheel chair and paying out the ass for medical bills having to sell a Harley, 2 Dirt Bikes, 12 x 8 enclosed trailer, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff to help pay for some of it. So, this year I go at least once a week sometimes twice. Not traveling near as much. Only been to the Burg twice and THAT once. However, did manage to hit the Eastern Swing this year. Always try to take in at least one new track per year. Honestly, I haven't been keeping track how many times I have been this year so I would have to guess 25- 30 by years end.
Last edited by T&A Racing; 8/24/09 at 12:57 AM.

8/24/09, 1:40 AM   #30
I Miss Manzy

With the closure of Manzanita this year,and Central Arizona Raceway in Casa Grande last year,our list is getting shorter.I make every Sprint Car show at Canyon Speedway Park in Peoria (Az.not Ill.),takes 45 min. I also go to Prescott Valley Raceway in (where else?) Prescott Valley,takes 90 min. I enjoy the shows at USA Race Park in Tucson, takes 2hrs. Thunder Raceway in Show Low is a racy 1/4 mile that hosts the ASCA and the NMMRA sprints.It takes 3 1/2 hrs.to get there and requires an over night stay (read $$$$) so I don' t get up there as much as I'd like. I've often been envious of the folks in Indiana for the variety of tracks and series they have,but our season in Az.runs from Feb. till Nov. And there's usually a Winter series for the Modifieds. Whatever tracks you go to,however,enjoy them,support them,because you never know when they'll be gone!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!