IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Which Teams will race The HOOSIER 100?
5/8/12, 4:21 PM   #21
Re: Which Teams will race The HOOSIER 100?
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodySwanson View Post
I think that it's tough to blame every bit of the declining car count solely on the switch to Ethanol fuel.

There were some names mentioned that would probably not be at this year's Hoosier 100: Santucci, Hagar, Hartenstine, Indiana Underground, Klatt, Kunz, Foxco. However, anyone think that there could be other factors causing them to skip than solely the switch to Ethanol?- ie: Hartenstine had his trailer & equipment stolen, Kunz didn't necessarily run the full schedule before 2011 (I remember them running select events with Whitt, but not much even before that), Indiana Underground skipped Springfield last year, then picked up Darland for DuQuoin when FoxCo stayed home after getting bent up at Springfield, there might be other reasons the Klatt #6 isn't running -(I don't know for sure, but Bobby is running for Benic and not his #5 in the Sprints- who didn't have a mandatory fuel switch in that division), and there may have been other factors at play for Santucci- like the fact that races don't pay like they used to and fuel from Memphis to Indy certainly hasn't been getting any cheaper, I don't think Baldwin will be there- they've been focusing on their Sprint car effort, Shoestring sold the #38 (to 500 Motorsports who will be there), and etc...

500 Motorsports added they'd be making they're debut with Steve Adams, and if Sachs & Vance start racing dirt that would add a few more.

Updated possibilities for who may be there:

3,* RFMS
10,* Stewart/Curb-Agajanian
14,* McQuinn
16,* Lightfoot
17,* RW
19, Team 6R Racing
20,* Nolen
21,* Team 6R Racing
22,* Stewart/Curb-Agajanian
23,* Team 6R Racing
26,* Pierce
27,* RW
29,* BK
39,* Aquilini
43,* Nix
50,* Daum
51,* Gamester
55,* Bateman
63,* DePalma
75, Bruce
76, Conover
77,* Urish
78, Kane
97,* SC
114,* Hardy
116,* Racing Associates
500 Motorsports, Steve Adams

*Sachs?
*Vance?

Even after I deleted the cars that are suspected to not be there- there is still 27 cars left on the list without the possibility of Sachs or Vance. I know it's not great, but I doubt people remember last year's 4-Crown because we only had 24 Silver Crown cars...
Well, you did it again Kody. You are using common sense and are being too level-headed. Some people around here just don't want to deal with facts and with people like you that have an understanding of what is REALLY going on.

Best of luck this season and thanks for a quality post.

4 members like this post: 500BOMBER, duel, jim goerge, ronmil
5/8/12, 4:52 PM   #22
jdeuel87

Racing Associates #32AZ will be hauling from Phoenix with Bobby Santos driving at the fairgrounds

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, duel, ronmil, Seadog
5/8/12, 4:59 PM   #23
Rex W.

Last i knew the RE car that Chris workes on was kept at Hemelgarns on Gasoline Alley.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/8/12, 5:57 PM   #24
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

We should be there but no two car team. Selling or renting our Stealth

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: ronmil
5/8/12, 8:42 PM   #25
Rex W.

Foxco ran Eldora after the DuQuoin sit out.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/9/12, 7:07 AM   #26
Midwest Connection

Like all other readers and posters on the IOW website I feel like I should say something about the Silver Crown series. Short and to the point I will be. I will be at the Hoosier 100 on the 25th of May because I believe this is good ole' American dirt track racing at it's finest. Silver Crown racing ********, gas prices, USAC this and that, car counts, etc., I can't do anything about. But what I can do is get in my vehicle, gas it up, drive up to the Indy Fairgrounds from Missouri and - " be there." Supporting the Silver Crown Series is important to me because deep down inside I still believe it is one of America's greatest auto racing traditions. And, one more thing, I have met a lot of people at the Indy Fairgrounds over the years - good friends indeed.

See you at the Indy Fairgrounds

Have a good day

Rich - Midwest Connection
Last edited by Midwest Connection; 5/9/12 at 7:12 AM.

5/9/12, 7:37 AM   #27
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

$31 Bucks to get in, I hope they get a full field of cars, I had a lot of fun @ the HOOSIER 100 last year and a lot of beers

5/9/12, 2:53 PM   #28
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE View Post
$31 Bucks to get in, I hope they get a full field of cars, I had a lot of fun @ the HOOSIER 100 last year and a lot of beers
Remember that if you are HARF member, you get a $5 discount on your ticket.

If you are not a member, in years past Kroger has had $5 off coupons that you can pick up at the store.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Which Teams will race The HOOSIER 100?