IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #21 6/30/24 5:41 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
He appears to be a Wanger now based on last weeks activity.
If this is indeed a move by KO team, probably a move in the right direction. Go Chase!
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #22 6/30/24 5:52 PM
So Brent, I believe the reason for the post , is the amount of attention that Ballou brought to the table. No one said it wasn’t a great race, it was. Robert apparently brought it up in the drivers meeting Saturday and I fell on deaf USAC ears and he mentioned it again on his Heat race win interview and AGAIN in his post race podium interview. And I must say in classic Ballou style. So Brent, if there was a rule infraction with the two said teams, how do YOU think the situation should be handled and how do you think the sanctioning body will respond.
5 Likes: bighd0522, flagboy55, Hubie48, progressive22, yeleyfan76
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #23 6/30/24 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
So Brent, I believe the reason for the post , is the amount of attention that Ballou brought to the table. No one said it wasn’t a great race, it was. Robert apparently brought it up in the drivers meeting Saturday and I fell on deaf USAC ears and he mentioned it again on his Heat race win interview and AGAIN in his post race podium interview. And I must say in classic Ballou style. So Brent, if there was a rule infraction with the two said teams, how do YOU think the situation should be handled and how do you think the sanctioning body will respond.
Thank you . I can’t wait for for the Funk spin on this question. Well done sir.
3 Likes: hoosier race fan, PIT CART, progressive22
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #24 6/30/24 6:13 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Good thing there's no screenshot or video evidence of Bacon's because he wouldn't cheat
I hope your statement is in jest. If it isn’t you might want to fire up your Twitter account and look up Johnny Wingo. The photo is there. Maybe even just ask Brady. 🤷*♂️
hoosier race fan (Online)
  #25 6/30/24 6:26 PM
I’m interested in how long this post will last before it gets pulled for USAC sensitivity. Not a fan of Ballou and his endless complaining, but he makes a valid point about the rules.
4 Likes: Blitzman, FALCONEDDIE, hoscalecody, Hubie48
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #26 6/30/24 7:13 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
The key word is apparently. Just because a coach whines about a call in a ball game, doesn't mean he is right. Since you brought up that this is classic Ballou style, what has that done for him? Has it helped his qualifying program, so he gets more wins instead of hard charger awards? It is just encourages drama queens to complain. I have never seen a Robert interview fix or change anything. I go to watch races, not for a soap opera. Robert was great to watch last night. I bet most of the people commenting about this, weren't there, and saw nothing first hand. Basically they are basing it off a guy who doe s tend to be a victim a lot said.
2 Likes: opnwhlmnd, oppweld
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #27 6/30/24 7:14 PM
Vookie

DIRTTRACKR's comments are totally ridiculous. WoO it's not. The comments about chassie builders providing a place to bolt weight does not fly either. Why? Pretty simple, RULE BOOK.

example

In Iran if they catch you shop lifting? They cut off your hand

In America? Depending how much you steal and how much money you have.

I have been around long enough to know a few things that went on behind the scenes. There are some rather sordid scenarios in the past.
3 Likes: bighd0522, flagboy55, Indy1808
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #28 6/30/24 7:14 PM
USAC Rule Book 2024 National Sprint Cars:

Appendix C, Section 302 Paragraph F:

"Additional bolt-on weight must be mounted and fastened to the frame and/or chassis in a secure manner. Weight must be
mounted in an area between bottom frame rails, front and rear axles
and no higher than mid rails at cockpit. All weight must
be mounted within the confines of the frame. No weight may be added during yellow or red flag."

Boy! That is black and white!

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
6 Likes: flagboy55, Hubie48, Indy1808, interpreter66, RMR3, stp6237
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #29 6/30/24 7:25 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
The key word is apparently. Just because a coach whines about a call in a ball game, doesn't mean he is right. Since you brought up that this is classic Ballou style, what has that done for him? Has it helped his qualifying program, so he gets more wins instead of hard charger awards? It is just encourages drama queens to complain. I have never seen a Robert interview fix or change anything. I go to watch races, not for a soap opera. Robert was great to watch last night. I bet most of the people commenting about this, weren't there, and saw nothing first hand. Basically they are basing it off a guy who doe s tend to be a victim a lot said.
Yada Yada Yada…… You skillfully avoided answering the main last question to you in my post……
5 Likes: bighd0522, Blitzman, progressive22, stp6237, yeleyfan76
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #30 6/30/24 7:33 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Good thing there's no screenshot or video evidence of Bacon's because he wouldn't cheat
Yes! its also a good thing they don't have gambling on this.... oh wait...

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
4 Likes: flagboy55, oppweld, stp6237, TQ97