IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
6/30/24, 5:41 PM   #21
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
He appears to be a Wanger now based on last weeks activity.
If this is indeed a move by KO team, probably a move in the right direction. Go Chase!

6/30/24, 5:52 PM   #22
Rpracing1

So Brent, I believe the reason for the post , is the amount of attention that Ballou brought to the table. No one said it wasn’t a great race, it was. Robert apparently brought it up in the drivers meeting Saturday and I fell on deaf USAC ears and he mentioned it again on his Heat race win interview and AGAIN in his post race podium interview. And I must say in classic Ballou style. So Brent, if there was a rule infraction with the two said teams, how do YOU think the situation should be handled and how do you think the sanctioning body will respond.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, flagboy55, Hubie48, progressive22, yeleyfan76
6/30/24, 6:10 PM   #23
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
So Brent, I believe the reason for the post , is the amount of attention that Ballou brought to the table. No one said it wasn’t a great race, it was. Robert apparently brought it up in the drivers meeting Saturday and I fell on deaf USAC ears and he mentioned it again on his Heat race win interview and AGAIN in his post race podium interview. And I must say in classic Ballou style. So Brent, if there was a rule infraction with the two said teams, how do YOU think the situation should be handled and how do you think the sanctioning body will respond.
Thank you . I can’t wait for for the Funk spin on this question. Well done sir.

3 members like this post: hoosier race fan, PIT CART, progressive22
6/30/24, 6:13 PM   #24
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Good thing there's no screenshot or video evidence of Bacon's because he wouldn't cheat
I hope your statement is in jest. If it isn’t you might want to fire up your Twitter account and look up Johnny Wingo. The photo is there. Maybe even just ask Brady. 🤷*♂️

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
6/30/24, 6:26 PM   #25
hoosier race fan

I’m interested in how long this post will last before it gets pulled for USAC sensitivity. Not a fan of Ballou and his endless complaining, but he makes a valid point about the rules.

4 members like this post: Blitzman, FALCONEDDIE, hoscalecody, Hubie48
6/30/24, 7:13 PM   #26
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
The key word is apparently. Just because a coach whines about a call in a ball game, doesn't mean he is right. Since you brought up that this is classic Ballou style, what has that done for him? Has it helped his qualifying program, so he gets more wins instead of hard charger awards? It is just encourages drama queens to complain. I have never seen a Robert interview fix or change anything. I go to watch races, not for a soap opera. Robert was great to watch last night. I bet most of the people commenting about this, weren't there, and saw nothing first hand. Basically they are basing it off a guy who doe s tend to be a victim a lot said.

2 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, oppweld
6/30/24, 7:14 PM   #27
Hubie48

Vookie

DIRTTRACKR's comments are totally ridiculous. WoO it's not. The comments about chassie builders providing a place to bolt weight does not fly either. Why? Pretty simple, RULE BOOK.

example

In Iran if they catch you shop lifting? They cut off your hand

In America? Depending how much you steal and how much money you have.

I have been around long enough to know a few things that went on behind the scenes. There are some rather sordid scenarios in the past.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, flagboy55, Indy1808
6/30/24, 7:14 PM   #28
The Old Coyote

USAC Rule Book 2024 National Sprint Cars:

Appendix C, Section 302 Paragraph F:

"Additional bolt-on weight must be mounted and fastened to the frame and/or chassis in a secure manner. Weight must be
mounted in an area between bottom frame rails, front and rear axles
and no higher than mid rails at cockpit. All weight must
be mounted within the confines of the frame. No weight may be added during yellow or red flag."

Boy! That is black and white!

5 members like this post: flagboy55, Hubie48, Indy1808, RMR3, stp6237
6/30/24, 7:25 PM   #29
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
The key word is apparently. Just because a coach whines about a call in a ball game, doesn't mean he is right. Since you brought up that this is classic Ballou style, what has that done for him? Has it helped his qualifying program, so he gets more wins instead of hard charger awards? It is just encourages drama queens to complain. I have never seen a Robert interview fix or change anything. I go to watch races, not for a soap opera. Robert was great to watch last night. I bet most of the people commenting about this, weren't there, and saw nothing first hand. Basically they are basing it off a guy who doe s tend to be a victim a lot said.
Yada Yada Yada…… You skillfully avoided answering the main last question to you in my post……

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Blitzman, progressive22, stp6237, yeleyfan76
6/30/24, 7:33 PM   #30
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Good thing there's no screenshot or video evidence of Bacon's because he wouldn't cheat
Yes! its also a good thing they don't have gambling on this.... oh wait...
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

4 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld, stp6237, TQ97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon