IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville First Timers
8/12/24, 12:08 AM   #21
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Brady was quite good this year at the Nationals. No fluke effort, he was a legit fast car. I wonder if this will spring board him into full time wings in the future.
Brady was extremely solid this week. I know Brady has won twice at TSS, but he has struggled with the wing on the big half miles. He was fast and smooth this week.

Someone who I think surprised a lot of people this week was Emerson Axsom. Emerson was mid-pack qualifying Thursday night and missed the transfer by one place in his heat. He eventually was relegated to the Friday night program where he finished 4th in the A main and locked in to the Saturday night A main in 24th. Emerson ran a solid race last night, stayed out of trouble and got a solid 20th place finish as the ONLY rookie to make the race.

8/12/24, 1:43 AM   #22
Re: Knoxville First Timers
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Brady was quite good this year at the Nationals. No fluke effort, he was a legit fast car. I wonder if this will spring board him into full time wings in the future.
I've seen Bacon win with a wing, at Pennsyltucky's Path Valley Speedway, during their Speedweek.
One of the rare times I've picked the winner too....its a 1/4 (or less?) bullring & I figured he'd be good on that
He was

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/12/24, 9:32 AM   #23
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendirt View Post
So Brady Bacon is leaving Knoxville with $21,000 for an 8th and a 15th. I guarantee you everywhere he goes now for a while they will mention that he made the A main on Saturday night.

Kyle Larson just made in one night almost double what the highest grossing non-winger will this year. Year.

That's how far behind non-wing racing is.
I know at regular World of Outlaw shows that guys like Brady can't sell merchandise. Are they allowed to at Knoxville? The sport will never be able to support every group paying that kind of money. Look at all the tracks that used to run the Outlaws that can longer afford them. Wonder what a teams expenses are to go to Knoxville for 4 days.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
8/12/24, 10:40 AM   #24
TBONE

Knoxville and Eldora are kind of the same when it comes to drivers and their tee shirt rigs…Both charge a fee to sell on the property…no idea the exact number and wouldn’t wanna speculate…
As far as Knoxville goes there’s only so much room on site that some teams (outlaws included) set up across the street in front of Hyvee , the auto parts store, the church, Dingus Parking lot…people’s front yards…
Brady had his tee shirt trailer set up behind the main grandstand last week…Not sure if it’s up to each track to allow drivers who aren’t full time WoO drivers to set up but earlier this year at the WoO race at Haubstadt Brady had his tee shirt trailer along the backstretch area…

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, Moreland76, tirespinner
8/12/24, 12:38 PM   #25
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
Knoxville and Eldora are kind of the same when it comes to drivers and their tee shirt rigs…Both charge a fee to sell on the property…no idea the exact number and wouldn’t wanna speculate…
As far as Knoxville goes there’s only so much room on site that some teams (outlaws included) set up across the street in front of Hyvee , the auto parts store, the church, Dingus Parking lot…people’s front yards…
Brady had his tee shirt trailer set up behind the main grandstand last week…Not sure if it’s up to each track to allow drivers who aren’t full time WoO drivers to set up but earlier this year at the WoO race at Haubstadt Brady had his tee shirt trailer along the backstretch area…
Thanks. If he had that kind of spot,I am sure he did real good. Only watched on TV. I thought Wednesday and Thursday were real good shows. Saturday was a little bit of a snoozer, but those guys earned the right to start up front.

8/12/24, 2:58 PM   #26
motorhead748

I’ve missed going to Knoxville for the nationals 1 time since ‘87, but I’ve only stayed for Saturday once. When I first started going I had a car so I’d go out for Wednesday & Thursday to spectate then come home to race around home (sw Ohio). I got in that habit and continued even after I quit racing myself.
It’s a great event that you could even take a non fan too and they’d enjoy. I’ve been out there 4-5 times this year and wouldn’t rule out one more.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Hubie48, tirespinner, wallbanger II
8/12/24, 9:02 PM   #27
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I know at regular World of Outlaw shows that guys like Brady can't sell merchandise. Are they allowed to at Knoxville? The sport will never be able to support every group paying that kind of money. Look at all the tracks that used to run the Outlaws that can longer afford them. Wonder what a teams expenses are to go to Knoxville for 4 days.
Brady’s trailer was in merchandise row Wed. thru Saturday, next to other WoO regulars, so I guess he was accepted. As far as costs, I have no idea. I heard some teams used an engine for their qualifying night and a new one for Saturday night.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, tirespinner
8/12/24, 9:36 PM   #28
Stighank20

8/13/24, 9:02 PM   #29
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Brady’s trailer was in merchandise row Wed. thru Saturday, next to other WoO regulars.
Let's speculate, what are you calling a win for t-shirt sales? I'm saying bare minimum five hundred over the four days.

Google says there were 25,000 people there, so that's two t-shirt sales per hundred spectators.

Think that's doable for a guy like Bacon?

8/14/24, 9:07 AM   #30
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendirt View Post
Let's speculate, what are you calling a win for t-shirt sales? I'm saying bare minimum five hundred over the four days.

Google says there were 25,000 people there, so that's two t-shirt sales per hundred spectators.

Think that's doable for a guy like Bacon?
Bare minimum numbers are way too low. Brady's non-wing stuff was a hot item at Knoxville along with some new style wing shirts he had.
PA Eastern Storm and Knoxville are his two best weeks for sales.

1 member likes this post: kendirt
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville First Timers