IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC39 Info for 2024
9/13/24, 2:07 PM   #21
flagboy55

I wish the Chili bowl only had 70 cars. There’s 250 that don’t matter. But that’s not the point here. I only have 2 criticisms for this race and that it’s scheduled the week after 4 crowns and correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t they split field last year for the opening 2 nights? That’s not good because it dilutes the competition and the racing is more strung out. That’s just my opinion on the BC39. When are people going to understand that wingless racing is not as popular as wing racing therefore it’s not going to pay the same.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dkdorkboy, duel
9/13/24, 3:30 PM   #22
Re: BC39 Info for 2024
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Sprints to run with BC39.
https://www.floracing.com/articles/1...m00000sj85paac

Personally, I hate split field racing I want Seavey racing Bacon and Grant and KTJ in every feature. Not two of em in one and two in the other.

That and sometimes you can only make one or two nights of a three night program.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/13/24, 5:17 PM   #23
yeleyfan76

Kind of thinking you need to have a three nite program to justify the logistics of having this event at the speedway. It’s a one and done for the season. It’s an event, if it’s a premiere event personally then you make sacrifices to attend the whole thing. The fact that it doesn’t have a repetitive date might be hurting itself. It may have lost its luster as well. I’d think that’s the case if they are trying sprint cars one nite.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/14/24, 12:11 PM   #24
flagboy55

You might be right about losing a little shine. In my mind there’s a couple reasons for why that might be happening. I think you’re correct on the date uncertainty. Second is that I’m sure the Speedway logistics create a whole set of unique circumstances. There’s some things they could do to improve the event as far as parking and such that would greatly benefit the experience, but I’m sure, whether warranted or not Speedway rules dictate the current process. Also some of you might have to correct me on this, but we had Larson, Bowman, I think Connor Daly, maybe CBell, and others throwing their support and popularity in promotion of the event. Somehow I don’t see that, and if some people don’t want to admit it, there’s a thing called the Larson effect, it’s real. As far as Sprint Cars there, I really don’t want to see it. It looks to me, and I stand ready to accept correction if I’m wrong, it’s probably tighter than Kutztown, and in my opinion that’s really close to too small. I wish they would go back to mid summer date, then we would go back. Just some thoughts from my perspective. But they will have enough cars for a good show and we’ll be tuned in in the garage wishing we were there

9/14/24, 12:18 PM   #25
badcoupe

My absolute favorite race of the race of the year. I think it’s a bit tight for the sprint cars, it’s smaller than circle city and that’s getting small to me for sprints.

1 member likes this post: GrumpyTodd
9/14/24, 12:19 PM   #26
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
You might be right about losing a little shine. In my mind there’s a couple reasons for why that might be happening. I think you’re correct on the date uncertainty. Second is that I’m sure the Speedway logistics create a whole set of unique circumstances. There’s some things they could do to improve the event as far as parking and such that would greatly benefit the experience, but I’m sure, whether warranted or not Speedway rules dictate the current process. Also some of you might have to correct me on this, but we had Larson, Bowman, I think Connor Daly, maybe CBell, and others throwing their support and popularity in promotion of the event. Somehow I don’t see that, and if some people don’t want to admit it, there’s a thing called the Larson effect, it’s real. As far as Sprint Cars there, I really don’t want to see it. It looks to me, and I stand ready to accept correction if I’m wrong, it’s probably tighter than Kutztown, and in my opinion that’s really close to too small. I wish they would go back to mid summer date, then we would go back. Just some thoughts from my perspective. But they will have enough cars for a good show and we’ll be tuned in in the garage wishing we were there
One thing I agree about is the parking. You have to pay to park in the north 40 and pay even more if you want to be within walking distance to your car. Thats just greed, can you think of another dirt track in this area that charges for parking?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART
9/15/24, 9:39 AM   #27
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Totally agree on the parking price and charge. Just another money grab. I remember the first year they had the IMS turn 4 gate open and you could park on the street and walk in. That didn't last long.

9/15/24, 4:24 PM   #28
Pancho Stapp

The speedway seems to frown on tailgating and that’s sucks. My group likes to show up and run a smoker or grill but not opening gates until 3:30/4 kinda puts a kibosh to that. Not enough time to eat and drink. We just stop somewhere eat and go own, the food trucks are salty$$$ and beers about $9. You can bring yours in but not in a cooler.

1 member likes this post: duel
9/15/24, 9:03 PM   #29
BrentTFunk

I was just talking at Haubstadt about this race. I think it is a bargain. I bought 2 tickets and 1 parking pass for all 3 nights. Me and my buddy split the cost. It works out to $85 each for 3 nights, and the final night pays $20,000 to win.

4 members like this post: duel, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, TNRustler
9/15/24, 11:22 PM   #30
duel

Plenty of green grass to park in turn 3 by track. $25 a night inside the speedway. I would think I would be much closer to the track and not have to walk half a mile or take a random shuttle.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC39 Info for 2024