IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oval Nationals
11/4/07, 5:54 PM   #21
Re: Oval Nationals
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Did anyone ever hear what happened that caused Dave D to hit the wall and flip?:confused: Thank you! Surely something broke or something. Were the other flips in the B Main in the same area maybe?

11/4/07, 6:51 PM   #22
Andrew S. Quinn

We just saw Dave flip,missed the beginning of it. There was a push truck nearby when he started to flip,maybe he got close and Dave turned into the wall to miss him??

Not sure.

Neither Swindell was overly popular this weekend at the Oval Nats.The Ambulance was rolling up the frontstretch slowly when Daron was walking up to Kevins car,so I couldnt see who did what to who. There were a bunch of people rolling around on the ground,and I was hoping no one was under the USAC official,or they surely would have gotten smothered to death.

Was pretty funny to watch Sammy jump out of his car after an alteracation on the track Thursday night,then fall down while going after Ballou (from memory) The crowd really enjoyed that one.

Kevin Swindell was surely the least popular driver there this weekend running head to head with his dad in the unpopular section. Hope USAC does something to penalize Kevin before he kills someone.

The Ovals rank right up there with Indiana Sprintweek. Racing is great,and had a great time out in California. Wish I could go to Manzanita next weekend.

11/4/07, 7:57 PM   #23
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

First, Kevin hit Rip Williams in a Thursday heat, and you can imaginge how popular that made him with the fans. I was sitting close to turn 1 and was watching him and Daron on Saturday. Kevin just ran over Daron, no two ways about it. If Swindell was some local driver who was just starting out, you could make the excuse that he just lost it and went in too hard both nights, but we know that is not the case. My fear is that he is going to badly injure or kill someone with this stuff. How many times did he run into other drivers during Indiana Sprint Week ?

On Darland, the announcer said that Dave said that he just got on it a little coming out of the turn, hit a slick spot, got the front end up on the wall and it took off from there. No fault of Dave's, he just goosed it and apparently happened to hit a little slick spot. The team deserves a lot of credit for getting it repaired and out for the "A". Dave was on it in the "A". Hope he has a lot better luck at Manzanita. Something else that Dave said which might explain the weekend was that Glen Crossno wasn't familiar with the car (and of course Dave was driving for a different team). I took this to mean that Crossno had a new chassis and was working out the kinks all weekend.

On a positive note, I was so glad to hear Brady Bacon mention during an interview how important respect of other drivers was. He is a class act.

Frank Daigh

11/4/07, 8:24 PM   #24
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Thanks you guys! I appreciate it!:crying:

11/4/07, 8:41 PM   #25
Rex W.

Is this Kevins 1st year runnin non wingers?

11/4/07, 8:43 PM   #26
SprintFan

Highlights coming on SPEED right after this commercial !!!

11/4/07, 8:43 PM   #27
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Something else that Dave said which might explain the weekend was that Glen Crossno wasn't familiar with the car (and of course Dave was driving for a different team). I took this to mean that Crossno had a new chassis and was working out the kinks all weekend.

Frank Daigh
I think that was Stanbrough they were talking to that said that.

11/4/07, 9:32 PM   #28
chadsniffsmethanol

after watchin all the highlights and hearin about all the good racing, ive come to the decision that i need to make it to this race next year...ive already got plans in the making...sounds like some amazing racing and action:nonwingfan:

11/4/07, 9:50 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex W. View Post
Is this Kevins 1st year runnin non wingers?
Don't matter, The kid has no respect for anyone elses life or equiptment.
Thats my opinion and Im sticking to it.

11/4/07, 10:02 PM   #30
Rex W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Don't matter, The kid has no respect for anyone elses life or equiptment.
Thats my opinion and Im sticking to it.
Your right it don't matter ...just like your opinion. Geesh!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oval Nationals