IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who is the most liked promotor
5/8/10, 11:10 AM   #21
Re: Who is the most liked promotor
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I'd have to pick Jack Gunn and Piney Lasky as two of my favorite promoters. Jack did a lot to elevate Sprint Cars in Central PA, and Piney was just a heck of a nice guy.

5/8/10, 2:20 PM   #22
SprintManDave

All of the above.Don't know any bad ones at present in Indiana.

5/9/10, 12:34 AM   #23
Russ

Current active promoters I would go with 1. Ralph Capitani 2. Jiggs Thomason. Retired All Time 1. Earl Baltes 2. Bill Lipkey.

5/9/10, 12:38 PM   #24
SPRINTCAR

Hall of Fame promoter Earl Baltes. When you used to be able to park/camp in turns 3 & 4, Earl would be working the track overnite. He would come up to where we were and ask if everything was alright and to get warm by our fire. Always a nice man.

5/9/10, 1:30 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1jackhewittfan View Post
ive never heard much hate toward earl baltes who is my favorite.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't have a problem with Earl, Everytime I attended barring weather the show ran off as promoted.

I have heard some blackjack stories though

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
Gotta go with Jiggs at Gas City, and Mike Miles at Bloomington, and Tom Helfrich at Tri State....Really nice guys who have taught me alot.
Dave Rudisell
From what I've witnessed over 40 years of fandom. (The promotor of Burg early-mid 70s) Don't know if it was promotion, me being a kid or the racers but always had slammin action!

Recent day adult hood favorites.
Mel Johnson, Watched him put up big shows against the Knox Nationals ect and turn 45 cars doing it. Always had a screaming track even if he got late starts and the racers liked to run at his track.

Mike Miles for all of my adult life he has owned and promotored Bloomington. Has both a solid car and fan following and Id say at least for 90 percent of my visits the track was emmaculant. (This vote goes mainly for just years of dedication.

Baltes, It took decades to build that facility and balls to put up couple hundred thousand dollar purses. Often had gimmicks for the fans, weddings, Gorrillas Music breakfast ect ect. And the Mopar Million.

Current favorite. Bozo hands down! Promotes the hell of it. Wants the fans to feel as if they are part of the show. Sticks his neck out several times with big purses trying to make something happen, What was there six ten grand to win races last year? He's trying in a down economy to make something happen and everything at that track is run very professionally from ticket sales to track prep and safety. Conssesions are a little high but nobodys *Perfect*

5/9/10, 2:39 PM   #26
ThrottleHead

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!!

Tom Helfrich is also great!

5/9/10, 10:48 PM   #27
StandOnThePedal

With out question Dave Rudisell. Lawrenceburg is also the best racetrack in the midwest bar-nun. cuz its not a 1/4

5/9/10, 11:16 PM   #28
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Jiggs has got to be the best promoter I've met!!!!Anyone that lets the fans in the pits BEFORE THE RACE and PERSONLLY HANDS YOUR MONEY BACK on a rain out is great.

Earl had some big races But that track surface suxed more times then notPeople forget about the cancellations on Friday for a Saturday race with the sun out

AS LONG AS I DON'T HAVE TO ATTEND ANOTHER DAVE ALLISON EVENT I'M HAPPY

5/9/10, 11:52 PM   #29
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

one thing that dave rudisell did that i really thought was awesome was he invited a soldier whom was getting ready to deploy to ride in the pace truck for the sprint feature. its the small things like that, that make him a great promoter.

5/10/10, 12:02 AM   #30
R A K

Duke Cook

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who is the most liked promotor