IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New USAC Website...
2/17/08, 6:57 AM   #21
Re: New USAC Website...
westcoastfan75

I have a serious complaint about the new USAC website: What happened to the West Coast Series?????

As a loyal supporter of the USAC Western Sprints, and with their opener coming up April 12, we cannot afford to "wait" several months for the Western section to be up on the site, esp. when trying to promote to sponsors and fans.

This needs to be rectified ASAP.:headbang

2/17/08, 10:25 AM   #22
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Miller View Post
Relax guys....We are in process of putting up a temporary website. What you see is a premature edition.
:usacfan

2/17/08, 2:17 PM   #23
mikew

Just a brief glance at the website indicates that it is far from finished.

What about that logo. Is this the 'new' USAC logo. What about the previous 'new' usac logo? What was wrong with the old shield?

I like the clean look of the site. I agree with others above though, it would be nice if they did RSS on their news feeds.

2/17/08, 3:15 PM   #24
Boston41

Although it appears to be fixed - the foreign language is a default script when a website is built on iWeb, a free website design program on Mac computers -

There are a lot of limitations to using this application, including a narrow user interface --- Not sure why a large business would build their website on iWeb though, also, I wonder if its hosted on .mac because if is not hosted on .mac, then rss syndication wont work!!!)

(I have been active since 06 as BostonHoosier67, but just resigned up!)

2/17/08, 3:24 PM   #25
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston41 View Post
Although it appears to be fixed - the foreign language is a default script when a website is built on iWeb, a free website design program on Mac computers -

There are a lot of limitations to using this application, including a narrow user interface --- Not sure why a large business would build their website on iWeb though, also, I wonder if its hosted on .mac because if is not hosted on .mac, then rss syndication wont work!!!)

(I have been active since 06 as BostonHoosier67, but just resigned up!)
Welcome back, Boston! Your new number reminds me of a certain Mr. Cleary!:thumb

2/18/08, 3:19 AM   #26
Midget82

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbpreformance View Post
Click on Sponsors and notice that Ford is the title sponsor of the Junior Midget National Series hmmm......... think I can figure out the direction that the fidgets are going to head in an attemt to save them
I like how you've got the "Ford Focus Midgets" (assuming they're still Focus-powered), the "Mopar National Midgets", yet the "Official Vehicle of USAC is Toyota"...:rolling

2/18/08, 12:09 PM   #27
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew View Post
What about that logo. Is this the 'new' USAC logo. What about the previous 'new' usac logo? What was wrong with the old shield?
I wondered that too, is this an old USAC logo or a new "retro" looking one? I like the logo- just wondered about its history.:usacfan

As far as the website goes; the other site was a ton of work for someone to build, it loaded pretty slowly on anything less than high speed internet, so that would be reason enough for me to dump it in favor of simplicity.:Steer

2/21/08, 11:15 AM   #28
raceway video

I see the USAC/CRA page is up. Whats wrong with this line??

"Originally known as the Southern California Racing Association, the USAC - CRA Sprint Cars follow the same rules for the national series with races dedicated in the western U.S........"

2/21/08, 2:36 PM   #29
DonRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceway video View Post
I see the USAC/CRA page is up. Whats wrong with this line??

"Originally known as the Southern California Racing Association, the USAC - CRA Sprint Cars follow the same rules for the national series with races dedicated in the western U.S........"
Should read?
"Originally known as the California Roadster Association, then the California Racing Association, the USAC - CRA Sprint cars Follow the same rules......etc"

2/21/08, 2:42 PM   #30
Tony10E

Nope not German. I have a German Minor and I have never seen anything like that in any German Comp. class. But I will say, it is nice thought to think that USAC is thinking globally.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New USAC Website...