IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts
8/23/24, 5:52 PM   #21
Re: Smackdown thoughts
Daisy's dad

I'm just amazed that USAC didn't give Bacon his starting spot back, by saying he only stopped because the red flag came out.

1 member likes this post: 2rock21
8/23/24, 6:52 PM   #22
JarrettFarms73

Considering the number of reds last night, i’m especially pleased with 49 tonight! Good luck Brayden Clark!

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55
8/23/24, 10:50 PM   #23
sp6967

nothing better than kokomo on the bottom

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/23/24, 11:07 PM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Bottom racing's for go karts. Bring the old Kokomo back. I mean it's ok but Kokomo's awesome when someone's rippin the lip as well.

Glad they had a better crowd tonight.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/23/24 at 11:34 PM.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Fred Zirzow, Hustlin-Hoosier, ossuks
8/24/24, 12:26 AM   #25
badcoupe

Nothing on usac site yet who won? I had it on then got called out for a car wreck (volunteer firefighter) and missed the feature

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DirtTrackTherapy16J, Grocery Guy
8/24/24, 12:58 AM   #26
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Bottom racing's for go karts. Bring the old Kokomo back. I mean it's ok but Kokomo's awesome when someone's rippin the lip as well.

Lol. The old Kokomo was destroyed in 2004. It's just a generic high speed bowl now.

The crowd was kind of puny Thursday but much better tonight. Maybe they should look at only a two day show or maybe run Friday, Saturday and Sunday instead.

I would also kick USAC to the curb and just run the whole thing themselves. They would get just as many cars if not more.

They could then roll whatever they pay USAC into the purse. USAC is useless. It only exists to make the people in charge rich.

My three favorites didn't have a great night. Ballou got taken out by Moles but came back to finish 8th I think. Cummins got upside down but actually made it back to 11th. Cottle had a respectable night finishing 7th. I also pull for the Hazen car with Hoyer. They made the show. But they really don't have the horsepower to compete with the top dogs on this type of track. I think they were 20th or so. I also pull for Osborne but I think he is in the same boat as Hazen. Maybe a little down on horsepower but he did get 14th or so.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, DirtTrackTherapy16J, dkdorkboy, tirespinner
8/24/24, 1:00 AM   #27
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

" Let's make Kokomo Great again "

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
8/24/24, 1:52 AM   #28
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
Nothing on usac site yet who won? I had it on then got called out for a car wreck (volunteer firefighter) and missed the feature
KTJ won, led green to checkered...he really had the 3R machine rolling. Grant and Moles was coming after him with all they had but it really was never even close. Moles finished P2 and JG was P3.

I'm sorry it was a car accident, prayers for all involved, however thank you for your services as VFD's don't get enough credit for what they do!!

3 members like this post: bighd0522, flagboy55, tirespinner
8/24/24, 3:37 AM   #29
badcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
KTJ won, led green to checkered...he really had the 3R machine rolling. Grant and Moles was coming after him with all they had but it really was never even close. Moles finished P2 and JG was P3.

I'm sorry it was a car accident, prayers for all involved, however thank you for your services as VFD's don't get enough credit for what they do!!
Thank you for the kind words, I’m enjoying serving my community many whom are customers and family friends. Fortunately despite a hard collision all involved were ok but easily could have been worse if things happened a second earlier. Not a KTJ fan but when he’s on he’s good. Glad to see that team get a good result, seems like they’ve had their fair share of equipment torn up this year. Was actually at station replacing some switches and wiring on our rescue truck and watching heat race winner interviews when we got toned out. Finished truck up when we got back but races were over.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/24/24, 7:57 AM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Nothing but respect for first responders. They deal with stuff many can't even imagine. Dillsboro IN VFD helped save my ex finance's life. That's all I'll say about that terrible night.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts