IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cmakin (Online)
  #21 9/14/09 7:43 AM
Originally Posted by cshuman:
Im a little bias but.......
Wow, I do like the look of it. When did you run that one?

That said, one of my favorites this year was Cole Carter's ride.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
SteveD (Offline)
  #22 9/14/09 8:45 AM
Make that three votes for the Fox Brothers #53 Sprinter Stanbrough Special. Its the one with the checkered flag flying in front of it quite often. The saga continues. Don't forget Bloomington/Haubstadt this Fri/Sat. Steve & Christie
Pitpass (Offline)
  #23 9/14/09 12:40 PM
One of my favorites

GOOD JOB SCOOTER
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE
  #24 9/14/09 1:03 PM
That Welpott car is a sharp looking ride
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #25 9/14/09 2:18 PM
We sorta ran at the Hoosier 100 so I guess this counts as "in 2009".
JakeMoore (Offline)
  #26 9/14/09 3:06 PM
Scott Benics maxim driven by DD last Friday at Gas city...ha seriously just kidding what the hell is that? Photo by Dave Merrit
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #27 9/14/09 3:18 PM
Originally Posted by JakeMoore:
Scott Benics maxim driven by DD last Friday at Gas city...ha seriously just kidding what the hell is that? Photo by Dave Merrit
I was also wondering what that thing was. Never seen anything like it. It sure was fast whatever type of Maxim it is.
Knoke77 (Offline)
  #28 9/14/09 3:34 PM
Looks like they took a page from JJ Yeley's "how to build a crazy looking car" book. Anyone remember what his car started looking like before he joined up with TSR? Tons of sail panels and aerodynamic features.
Fullthrottle410 (Offline)
  #29 9/14/09 3:39 PM
From what I heard, it was a prototype they were doing R&D on for Maxim.
cmakin (Online)
  #30 9/14/09 3:57 PM
The picture of the Welpott car got me thinking (dangerous, I know). I also like the look of the Niflis car this year, too. I just didn't see it race that often.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.