IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The BURG points payout
11/19/07, 2:57 PM   #21
Re: The BURG points payout
OpenwheelRob

Here is a link to another thread: http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?t=27435 if it works.

Sounds like the Mod. champ won't be returning next year and maybe others because of the payout and the BS they were given.

Wonder how the car count will be next year?

A feature win in modifieds paying more than the championship? HUH?

11/19/07, 5:41 PM   #22
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenwheelRob View Post
Here is a link to another thread: http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?t=27435 if it works.

Sounds like the Mod. champ won't be returning next year and maybe others because of the payout and the BS they were given.

Wonder how the car count will be next year?

A feature win in modifieds paying more than the championship? HUH?
can't tell you how many times, as a promotor, I heard the phrase "I ain't never coming back!!!" only to see them pull in the next week.

11/19/07, 6:27 PM   #23
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

We do everything possible to provide fair racing, a good smooth racing surface and a fair payout each week. We never cut the purse because of bad weather or bad car count (Monster Mod 100 we lost $15,000)
We had great car counts all season, but that does'nt mean we got rich. I wish we could of afforded to give out much more points fund money, but the truth of the matter is we did'nt promise anything as far as a points payout. I don't even know what was paid out in the past. All i know is i paid out as much as we could and then some. If a racers chooses to race elsewhere because of our points payout, then that thier right. A racers who wins the points needs to promote the fact that they was the champion and use that to thier advantage in landing sponsorships. We have had a drivers page on our website since early in the spring and asked drivers to submit info on thier teams. This would have helped drivers and thier sponsors be recognized. Well, we only had a couple of drivers do this.
Bottom line is we want to provide the best possible racing and keep everything fair and make more money to share with our racers.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell

11/19/07, 11:58 PM   #24
Onlydirt

Dave,

I respect your posts trying to defend yourself and I am also sorry you have to put out such great effort and then get bashed...

11/20/07, 12:45 AM   #25
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex W. View Post
$250K in cash and contingencies were handed out at the Knoxville banquet Saturday night. 48 drivers in both the 410 and 360 standings walked away with cash and contingencies. Prizes handed out included Hoosier tires, chassis, Heads, blocks, wings, hubs and spindles, drivelines and axles. Big contingency winners included car owner Steve Wares and Mark Dobmeier, who went home with a J&J chassis, and Nate Van Haaften and Rager Phillips, who took home a Maxim chassis each.

So how far behind is nonwing racing in IN???
Aha I got it now Rex! I was staring at your avatar and was like what in the hell? But I see now, Its our beloved chic we all miss, she's dressed in a Batman costume. :kookoo2:

11/20/07, 7:59 AM   #26
bigq11

How about placing a donation box at the ticket booth with a sign indicating all donations go directly to the point fund? Then, anyone who wants to offer a little additional support to the drivers can easily do do.

11/20/07, 12:04 PM   #27
Bill W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
We do everything possible to provide fair racing, a good smooth racing surface and a fair payout each week. We never cut the purse because of bad weather or bad car count (Monster Mod 100 we lost $15,000)
We had great car counts all season, but that does'nt mean we got rich. I wish we could of afforded to give out much more points fund money, but the truth of the matter is we did'nt promise anything as far as a points payout. I don't even know what was paid out in the past. All i know is i paid out as much as we could and then some. If a racers chooses to race elsewhere because of our points payout, then that thier right. A racers who wins the points needs to promote the fact that they was the champion and use that to thier advantage in landing sponsorships. We have had a drivers page on our website since early in the spring and asked drivers to submit info on thier teams. This would have helped drivers and thier sponsors be recognized. Well, we only had a couple of drivers do this.
Bottom line is we want to provide the best possible racing and keep everything fair and make more money to share with our racers.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell
Dave, living in Iowa, I only got to make it to Lawrenceburg once. Being a member of the press, I must compliment your staff about the way their accomodations (you were flying around on your red vehicle and I never got the chance to slow you down). That is the way you get a positive word out there, and you folks have it figured out. The word is spreading about Lawrenceburg, and it's a good one. Keep it up!

11/20/07, 12:32 PM   #28
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
Dave,

I respect your posts trying to defend yourself and I am also sorry you have to put out such great effort and then get bashed...
I agree !

11/20/07, 1:14 PM   #29
Bruce Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
Dave,

:thumb::applaud:

11/20/07, 1:21 PM   #30
tjtomthumb

Keep up the good job Dave. :thumb::thumb: I didn't get to the Burg as much as I wanted to this year but do want to compliment you on a job well done. When I was young an old man told me once, "The best way to go broke is try to please everyone. Just do what's right and it will pay off." Keep doing what you're doing and all will work out. :thumb:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The BURG points payout