IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #21 5/22/15 11:26 PM
Nope. Followed pace truck and pulled off before the green.
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #22 5/23/15 12:04 AM
Nick Bilbee and Brady Short led the field to the green in the 30 lap Josh Burton Memorial feature. Short led lap one over Bilbee and Casey Shuman. Throughout the first few laps, Shuman and Bilbee diced back and forth for the second spot, with Bilbee holding the advantage on the bottom. The caution flew for the first time on lap five, as Brandon Morin looped his car in turn three. When action resumed, Bilbee made a charge for the lead under Short, but wasnt able to make the move stick on lap six. Short decided enough was enough, and pulled away to a half straight lead by lap nine. Shuman was able to get around Bilbee for second on lap ten, but was still a full straightaway behind Short. Bilbee took the runner up spot back away from Shuman on lap 13, as Shane Cottle closed in on the duo. Dave Darland moved to the fourth spot on lap 17, getting around Cottle. Darland then took third away from Shuman a lap later. With ten laps to go, Short held a half track advantage over Bilbee in second. The caution flew for the second time on lap 22, as Cottle spun off the backstretch. When the green flew, Short immediately shot out to a huge lead over Bilbee, who had three lapped cars stuck between he and the leader. With the result not in doubt, Short cruised to the win over Bilbee, Darland, Chad Boespflug, and Kevin Thomas Jr. The win was Shorts third in a row at the Speedway.

Sprint Car heat wins went to Max McGhee, Nick Bilbee, Jon Stanbrough, and Shane Cottle. The BMain winners were Kyle Cummins and Brent Beauchamp

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
8 Likes: CRA91, erich45, FishBurger, IndyBound, jaybird, racegal, rachasin, sc17x
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #23 5/23/15 1:20 AM
I don't care whether you are a Brady Short fan or not, you had to be impressed with what you saw, tonight. He just took a very strong field full of some of the best drivers anywhere and demolished it, with ease. There was never any doubt who was going to win the race. At one point I think he had more than a half a lap lead on second place. Had it not been for a yellow with 7 laps left, the rout could have been even more one-sided. Now behind him, there were several pretty good races. Casey Shuman was all over Nic Bilbee for second place and even grabbed the spot for a short time. Nic would eventually battle back and never relinquish the spot, again. Although a surging Dave Darland looked to be a serious threat for the runner up spot late in the race, only to be fought off be Bilbee, who was tough as nails from beginning to end, in this one. Most of the race had Bilbee, Darland, Shuman, Shane Cottle, Robert Ballou and Jon Stanbrough mixing it up for the top 7 or 8 spots. Late in the race, however, Chad Boespflug made a furious charge and passed a lot of those guys to throw himself in the mix, as well.

There was a nice car count and a real big crowd. Between those two things and the excellent job that Pat Sullivan and some of Josh's friends did with different parts of the opening ceremonies, I think the memory of Josh was served very well. The outpouring of respect was quite impressive.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
18 Likes: dirt330, DirtHawk92, EPSpeed, FishBurger, i love dirt track racing, IndyBound, JarrettFarms73, jerrydt, jim goerge, Panama, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, racegal, rachasin, robert gatten, ronmil, team3521, wildman92
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #24 5/23/15 2:51 AM
Ballou made a cheap move bumping Cottle off of turn 2. He wasn't close to clearing Cottle and he didn't care.
10 Likes: AB Racing, awon24, DirtHawk92, kylezero, on_the_hammer, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal, spindell, welder, wildman92
Sprints fan 11 (Offline)
  #25 5/23/15 9:38 AM
Great night of racing. The hornet car that rolled on the front car is lucky who ever built that roll cage knew what they were doing. I thought no way they are coming out walking.
DirtHawk92 (Offline)
  #26 5/23/15 9:44 AM
Brady Short knows this track like the back of his hand... He used that top side cushion... Agree with Jerry like him or hate him he's a gasser!! Last 3 races I've attended he's been on the podium 1st,2nd,1st...2 0f them wins at BTown...Personally I like him think he's a class act from what I've seen and heard at the track both racing and as a person...
As for the guy that sat behind my family and I...he could've used a roll of duct tape over his big mouth!! Belligerent drunk!!! Yeah we've heard all the fbombs and crap before!! But by personally attacking by shouting out homophobic slurs at the guy who just won the sprint feature!!!??? Buddy ur a CL(A$$) ACT!! Totally uncalled for!!! Oh and also sat in the handicapped concrete area!!!
2 Likes: Jerry Shaw, SPD 37
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #27 5/23/15 10:10 AM
Good nite of racing. Shout out to the guy that sang the national anthem. Takes heart and soul to do that. Not a great race as rubbered over track just does not lend itself to that much passing. Good battles all around just not a whole lot of completed passes. I am sure Ballou feels bad for Cottle this morn do to errant slider. Short just owns Bton. Ditch on north side of track needs to go. Bury a culvert pipe and fill up ditch. It has bit many people. Glad to see girl hornet driver walk away from that nasty barrel roll. Is it just me or does it take track crew way to long to extract car from track? Bton next time how bout we eliminate one or two of the FIVE classes? Can't believe they did not give Bland some type of track provisional.I enjoyed my racing fix regardless. JMO
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #28 5/23/15 11:21 AM
They stated in the drivers meeting there would be NO provisionals. Just alternates

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #29 5/23/15 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
They stated in the drivers meeting there would be NO provisionals. Just alternates
I understand, just thinking that it would of just added just a little extra twinkle of compassion to the evening.
cshuman (Offline)
  #30 5/23/15 12:36 PM
The track didn't take rubber at all
9 Likes: 1BIGracefan, babcock14d, Chris Nunn, cmiracingvids, Dirtfan, EPSpeed, Hamby812, Red Clay, sprint38racer