Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Pay Per View
2/1/08, 12:51 PM   #21
Re: Chili Bowl Pay Per View
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinstacie View Post
PS - I don't want people slamming me for this or thinking I'm griping. I rarely post anymore in fear of the terrible attackers... be nice to me please, I'm just looking for help!
Stacie,

Don't worry about getting slammed on here. Everyone has that happen more often than not. And don't stop posting because of that. There are some of us who enjoy hearing from most everyone.:O:

2/1/08, 1:24 PM   #22
Gasman fan 50

Got my Comcast bill last week. It was 24.95 for the live feed! So, anyone that got it for 9.95 got a deal! I can say that getting the box, free Cmax, HBO 1,2,3, Showtime for three months our bill only was about 5 bucks more. I'll return the box when the bill goes up!:rolling:applaud:

2/1/08, 1:28 PM   #23
Onlydirt

On the phone right now, with Insight/Comcast...whatever they are, besides the only cable company to get cable from... and this lady isnt comprehending what I am telling her, so I asked to speak to someone with listening skils and she decided to argue. I aksed to speak to a supervisor and she said one would call me back. I told her I would hold and she said she couldnt do that, but she had just put me on hold, so I think they know they messed up and dont want to pay up.

$15 is not the problem, it is changing the price after you pruchase it. I purchase a lot of PPV throughout the year since UFC became so popular. I informed her I didnt feel comfortable purchasing anything from them if they were going to charge whatever they choose when billing time comes. We'll see if anyone decideds to call me back and address my disconnect request...

2/1/08, 1:46 PM   #24
ROSS

Race Count Last Year: 53

racinstacie
I had the same thing happen and never did get them to credit back the full amount. She did give me the re-order price which was 14.95 unstead of the 24.95. Needless to say I will be getting Direct Tv I was already pissed about not getting the Big Ten network. So this just sealed the deal.

2/1/08, 1:51 PM   #25
Pine

Has anyone heard any numbers on the PPV about how successful it was, or don't they release them numbers....

2/1/08, 2:11 PM   #26
Gasman fan 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Has anyone heard any numbers on the PPV about how successful it was, or don't they release them numbers....
J.C Agajianian jr. stated that it would take about six months to hear about the numbers. That was said on the HBO broadcast that night. Where ever their last live race broadcast was.:rolling

If the newer fans don't know who J.C. Agajianian Jr. is, his dad had Ascot Park Raceway. He is a lawyer for the racing side! So, he must have been the Chili Bowl's lawyer! He was asked about when he would come up with the numbers. He said about six months! I'm guessing now, he was asked about Turkey Night figures. He stated the money is still coming in. Take that as it is. :angry-smiley-007: Could have been the El Dora race!
Joe

2/1/08, 4:51 PM   #27
The Frolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I asked Spridge the same question when he posted about the re-airing some time back. I'm very curious because he gave me a number at the race they were hoping to get. Wonder if they got it because if it was successful, you would think it could mean good things for future Chili Bowl telecasts.

2/1/08, 5:46 PM   #28
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

Still waiting for my call back as well - my lady understood but said she couldn't find anything other than the $24.95 price in her info (of course she can't). I said I wished I would have taken a picture of my TV when it asked about the confirmation price. She informed me that it could have been a price of something airing at the time since I ordered it ahead of time -- she said, "like an adult video - they are $9.95".

My point is just like yours ONLY DIRT, their error shouldn't be our problem. If us Insight customers were informed the lower price, that's what we agreed to pay. Now mind you on that same bill, I actually had a UFC charge that I'm not disputing because I knew what I was paying (that was a hefty charge). Give what us what you advertised, that's all. I'm going home to snoop on my DVR and see if I can find anything that would indicate what purchase price it confirmed the day of purchase. Probably won't find anything, but I'm going to look.

We'll see what comes of it. If they made an offer like they did with ROSS, I'd gladly accept and chalk it up to an error on their part as well as my stupidity for not double checking when I knew there was a rate discrepency. Hope all turns out well...

2/2/08, 1:16 AM   #29
Onlydirt

Stacie,

I totally agree! I shouldnt have taken advantage of the poor lady that doesnt know I argue for a living and generally always win. (Kidding nobody run with this statement and say cops are jerks) She basically called me a liar and that fires me up a little. I called back a little later and got a different girl...she was the polar opposite. She understood and told me to wait for the super to call back within 48-72 hours...NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE! :doh: :headbang Because she couldnt over ride the charge, the super would have to do it. We'll see how long it takes them to come get my equipment and turn the cable off since I told the first lady to do so. SHe said there would be a $35 charge, so seeing a opening....I asked if that was $35 today and $65 in a week and a half like the CHili Bowl. We''ll see :angry-smiley-007:

2/4/08, 3:30 PM   #30
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

Had to call back today as I hadn't received my call back that I was promised. Today I got a $15 credit for the difference some of us were advertised vs. what we were charged. She was nice and apologized but still said she didn't know what went wrong. They handled the situation well today! That's the way to keep me happy - good luck to the rest of you dealing with this situation! Remember - go in with the gloves up and that's what your are going to get is a fight! Instead kill 'em with kindness - that's what I did today and it worked!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Pay Per View