IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hunter Schuerenberg
11/22/08, 9:16 AM   #21
Re: Hunter Schuerenberg
micro94

Yeah you have a point with AJ.And it DOES happen.I raced micros for my dad for 3 years right out of go karts so I guess he did the same thing on a smaller scale.And before that he had Todd Kirkman driving for him and he had only a year under his belt.After 4 or 5 years they had numerous championships and about 50 feature wins.He likes to get the young kids and teach them the ins and outs of racing.I guess it does work on a bigger scale to huh?

11/22/08, 12:27 PM   #22
Motormasher

There is no doubt Hunter can drive but so could alot of other guys IF they went out and tore up as much as Hunter does, not to mention the other guys he runs over like I saw him do this year with his "super slides". Yeah its about money, but its also about having fun. You can't have fun spending $ after $ putting cars together all night long just to go do it again the next night. The fun not to mention money starts to dwindle.

As far as the rent a rides go its a bunch of horse hockey! Think about it, how far would guys like Chuck Amati have made it if they would have had to "buy" a ride?

All we are getting out of "rent a rides" is a bunch of little rich kids out there instead of the real tallented ones like Kevin Briscoe.

Dave Scott #7 Sprinter

11/22/08, 1:37 PM   #23
PIT CART

Maybe they should try to lower the cost of racing.:thumb I feel sorry for some of these car owners on what they have to spend to put on a show for us.:respect:
JMO

11/22/08, 2:22 PM   #24
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
There is no doubt Hunter can drive but so could alot of other guys IF they went out and tore up as much as Hunter does, not to mention the other guys he runs over like I saw him do this year with his "super slides". Yeah its about money, but its also about having fun. You can't have fun spending $ after $ putting cars together all night long just to go do it again the next night. The fun not to mention money starts to dwindle.

As far as the rent a rides go its a bunch of horse hockey! Think about it, how far would guys like Chuck Amati have made it if they would have had to "buy" a ride?

All we are getting out of "rent a rides" is a bunch of little rich kids out there instead of the real tallented ones like Kevin Briscoe.

Dave Scott #7 Sprinter
So ten crashes in 3 years is tearing up a lot of equipment:confused:AND HUNTER IS IN KNOW WAY A LITTLE RICH KID!

11/22/08, 2:53 PM   #25
Kirk Spridgeon

Aero, I don't know why we even bother with this guy. He's had a hard-on for some of the most likable guys in the sport for some reason, and he rarely goes to any races, so I'm not sure how his opinion could count for much...

I have a hard time thinking of guys that Hunter has gotten into. I guess it's not coincidence that the first two that come to mind are at Haubstadt, the only track ole Motormasher seems to visit. And, may I mention, that the two coming to my mind (Spencer, Bland) couldn't have done much more than bend a nerf bar. I hate to tell ya, Dave, but the slidejob is all too often the way to pass at your home track....anyone who has seen Hunter race at Kokomo would know that he's more than willing to go "where everyone else isn't" to pass cars.

Anyway, the good part about sprint car racing is that, usually, good guys who are also great racers like Hunter (and Shane Hmiel, OpenWheelRob) will find something to drive.

11/22/08, 5:57 PM   #26
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Maybe they should try to lower the cost of racing.:thumb I feel sorry for some of these car owners on what they have to spend to put on a show for us.:respect:
JMO
Maybe they should raise the rewards for winning.

11/23/08, 12:22 AM   #27
racephoto1

I have no sympathy for car owners. Nobody makes you do it.You choose to do so of your own free will. But as Super Duke told me years ago,there are two kinds of fools in racing.The guys who drive race cars, and the real fools, the guys who own them. That's Duke.

11/23/08, 12:45 AM   #28
Rpracing1

I was always told that if you don't flip your car at least five times a year, you are not driving hard enough. Hunter, you have my vote, go get em.

:respect:

11/23/08, 12:27 PM   #29
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Aero, I don't know why we even bother with this guy. He's had a hard-on for some of the most likable guys in the sport for some reason, and he rarely goes to any races, so I'm not sure how his opinion could count for much...

I have a hard time thinking of guys that Hunter has gotten into. I guess it's not coincidence that the first two that come to mind are at Haubstadt, the only track ole Motormasher seems to visit. And, may I mention, that the two coming to my mind (Spencer, Bland) couldn't have done much more than bend a nerf bar. I hate to tell ya, Dave, but the slidejob is all too often the way to pass at your home track....anyone who has seen Hunter race at Kokomo would know that he's more than willing to go "where everyone else isn't" to pass cars.

Anyway, the good part about sprint car racing is that, usually, good guys who are also great racers like Hunter (and Shane Hmiel, OpenWheelRob) will find something to drive.
:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :censor: :censor:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

11/23/08, 12:40 PM   #30
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :censor: :censor:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com
Just a nerf bar and a final transfer. :doh: