IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #21 6/6/22 4:35 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:

Eldora got famous from racing like that. Not the run around the bottom it is mostly now.
You are right, but not in the way you want to be. I quit going to Eldora for a while, because I got tired if them never grading the black, just watering it. It was not for me. I will take it the way it has been the last few years over the old days. They still run the top. The exception is wing cars. Which makes sense. If everyone is flat out every second. the shortest way will always be the fastest way around.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #22 6/6/22 4:55 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
You are right, but not in the way you want to be. I quit going to Eldora for a while, because I got tired if them never grading the black, just watering it. It was not for me. I will take it the way it has been the last few years over the old days. They still run the top. The exception is wing cars. Which makes sense. If everyone is flat out every second. the shortest way will always be the fastest way around.
I started going in about eighty six. Camped several times. Earl would grade it down, then back up again, water it and sheepsfoot till about four am. Then be back at it about eight. Dump about eight loads of water throughout the day and by the second set of hotlaps it would be black. By halfway thru the feature waves of dust blew down the main grandstand. But the racing on the wall with massive bomb sliders had everyone out of their seat.

Just seen something Kaylee Bryson posted. Her In car footage of the heat race flip. Look at it. All I can say is wow. and they changed a axle and pushed her back off. It's on her Facebook page, Kaylee Bryson Racing.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, PIT CART
Closed Thread