IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #21 7/15/13 1:28 PM
Originally Posted by ShamrockRacin'48G:
I just wanna know what does USAC bring to the party?
USAC brings racers and fans. We can debate the actual amount but ANYONE who has a positive impact on overall attendance makes ISW better.

Posted via Mobile Device

12 Likes: cowboyhar69, dirt330, fish, FishBurger, Honest-Sam, jim goerge, oldfan49, opnwhlmnd, OTSNWR, Pat O'Connor Fan, Pitpass
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #22 7/15/13 1:30 PM
The Namars series was really cool..open sprint cars at 2k to win and brought in around 50 cars..and got close to 50 midgets each night of the 5 crown nationals..you had regional, local, national..and over seas drivers..The car counts are way up this year..at least the first 3 races..its been awhile since they have had over 50 cars for sprint week..i was skeptical if they would even get 40 this year..I dont know what they really bring to the table but they are well supported, bring in some of the best drivers, I just wish there would be more guys that come out from the Left coast maybe have more incentive/bonuses for those guys to come out here..

Tyler
3 Likes: fish, Indy1808, photoman
davidm (Offline)
  #23 7/15/13 1:45 PM
If it ain't broke don't try and fix it. Dang I would love to have a problem like this in my backyard. You've got the best dang openwheel racing there is to be had ENJOY it!
13 Likes: cowboyhar69, dirt330, dusty tracks, fish, FishBurger, HARFprez, Indy1808, miwingless, mtek56, oldfan49, Pat O'Connor Fan, randy j, rdzsprint
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #24 7/15/13 1:51 PM
Not starting a pissing match but car count up at sprint week shows because other tracks involved cant run their regular programs and with all the rainouts guys want to race. jmo

Posted via Mobile Device
8 Likes: agar, bighd0522, cwfan08, HurstBros0, IndyBound, Joe Kidd, JoshCunningham, snowdrift
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #25 7/15/13 2:12 PM
Originally Posted by kcarm92:
Not starting a pissing match
It's a good thing... cuz you would lose.

3 Likes: Midget 89, Pitpass, racephoto1
Indy (Offline)
  #26 7/15/13 2:15 PM
Originally Posted by ruts n guts:
What I would like to see is more CRA guys make the trip consistently. Guys like Damion Gardner, Mike Spencer, and Matt Mitchell would only add to a good thing. I don't know if it takes USAC to incentivize these guys with points or tow money, or if the promotors could put together some sort of "bounty". But what we have is pretty darn good as it sits!
Really? USAC only uses 40 cars for a show why would you need more drivers and cars. I would of like to have seen 2 more heats and 2 B mains at the Burg Sunday night instead of the 2 non qualifiers and 12 Cars on the trailer before the night gets to far along. Many times the luck of the draw and the ever changing track for a late qualifiers is the difference between racing or going home. But drivers and fans alike know this going into ISW under the USAC banner and from the look of crowd we accept this.
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #27 7/15/13 2:18 PM
Kokomo had 46 cars on Saturday, and Paragon had 42. That's 88 sprint cars running on one night.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: dusty tracks, randy j
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #28 7/15/13 2:26 PM
Good point Kenny! Paragon had 44.

Posted via Mobile Device
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #29 7/15/13 2:35 PM
USAC gets hammered a lot on here and IMO much of it is deserved. However I give them 2 thumbs up for what ISW has become.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
3 Likes: dirt330, Indy1808, The Old Coyote
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #30 7/15/13 3:21 PM
Cost about 12-15 thou to tow across country Fuel, Food, Lodging, pit passes for four for two weeks. If you miraculously won three, pay the driver half, your still out 6-8 grand. NOT INCLUDING DAMAGES

BE thankful for those who do!

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: cwfan08, fish, mtek56, OTSNWR, RGraves