IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
View Poll Results: What would you like to see weekly at Plymouth in 2014?
410 Winged Sprints 22 18.18%
360 Winged Sprints 6 4.96%
410 Non-Winged Sprints 67 55.37%
UMP Late Models 8 6.61%
Midgets 22 18.18%
360 nonwing sprints and midgets 10 8.26%
mixture, join montpelier for midgets,sod,kiss, maybe allstars 14 11.57%
305 Winged Sprints 2 1.65%
pony cars 1 0.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll
RacinFool (Offline)
  #21 8/23/13 11:17 AM
wing of course!
jim goerge (Offline)
  #22 8/23/13 1:55 PM
One question they keep saying they do not want to dilute car counts from other tracks so where do they think these cars will come from? I don;t think guys will say Hey Plymouth has opened think I;ll build a car and race
jim goerge (Offline)
  #23 8/23/13 1:57 PM
sorry I was talking about non wing sprints
snoopy (Offline)
  #24 8/23/13 8:01 PM
Jim, Warsaw used to have several local cars. If they run more often there would be several new cars from the area. Maybe not enough but some kokomo guys would come up. I feel no class every week is the best.

Posted via Mobile Device
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #25 8/23/13 8:19 PM
Originally Posted by snoopy:
Jim, Warsaw used to have several local cars. If they run more often there would be several new cars from the area. Maybe not enough but some kokomo guys would come up. I feel no class every week is the best.

Posted via Mobile Device
Thats exactly what I was getting at saying, Just don't try few dates and quit. If you show commitment. Then teams will start to build to race there.

Charles Nungester
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #26 8/24/13 2:18 AM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
One question they keep saying they do not want to dilute car counts from other tracks so where do they think these cars will come from? I don;t think guys will say Hey Plymouth has opened think I;ll build a car and race
If Plymouth is set on running Saturdays, the only track within distance that runs sprints on that night is Butler. When I was talking about dilution, I was thinking winged sprints (opposite of you). Butler is drawing 20-22 tops this year weekly. There are no more winged sprints around. The NRA guys are not going to come up and race weekly.

Butler pays $1,000-to-win and their shows run long every Saturday Night. Maybe they need a wake-up call? On the other hand, Butler lets you bring in unlimited food and drink which you pretty much need a lot of if you are going to be leaving at 2:00 a.m. some nights.

And not to hijack the thread, but has anyone else heard rumors of Angola going to dirt? They are another Saturday Night track.