IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dee Jones - Thank You
10/2/10, 12:28 PM   #21
Re: Dee Jones - Thank You
racephoto1

Congratulations on your beating the Big C . Also with the fat tires, power steering , and roll cages , a comeback wouldn't be too bad.

1/23/11, 11:30 AM   #22
dee jones

Hello everyone My name is Shaun Silliman, Dee Jones is my grandfather by marriage but i have known no other one. Thank you for all of the sweet things everyone has posted and for making me cry tears of joy so many times in these recent hardships. I would like to update everyone on recent changes in his health. He is currently in a battle for his life and i am sure he would love to hear from people of his past to lift his spirits. The cancer in his body is not spreading but a raging inferno. He is currently losing his race with the big c but who can win this one, over these next couple of weeks i will check this forum religiously for any kind of messages anyone would like to pass on to my grandfather. So if your having trouble getting a hold of him and your an old friend please feel free to private message me and if you dont know how to do that you can reply here and i will contact you. I am obviously regretting putting something like this into the public view but for those of you who dont see him everyday i am sure you can appretiate.

Respectfully
Shaun Silliman

1/25/11, 9:52 PM   #23
Dee Jones Family

Hello all -

I am Dee Jones' granddaughter, Laurie. I've been reading through all these posts in response to Granddad's message. I'm sad to update all of you that the cancer has caught up to him and he is now in the final stages of it. It seems he had many friends, fans, admirers, etc. and it was great to read the good things that people posted on here. He has lead a phenomenal life and when I was able to visit with him last, he told me, "I've lived a good life and I got to do a lot of things I love. I have no regrets." I have set up an email address for him if you would like to send messages or to get in touch with family. At this point any emails you send we can read to him while he rests in his final days. I and the whole family appreciate all the support and prayers that seem to have gone out in response to his original post. Thanks to all and God bless.

Laurie

email: deejones.racer@gmail.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dee Jones - Thank You