IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints
6/20/12, 3:10 PM   #21
DunaganRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordableawards View Post
I new sooner or later they would throw junk in with the sprints.What happened with sprints only on thursdays
Ouch! We all gotta start somewhere!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/12, 4:01 PM   #22
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints
kcarm92

yes getting home late is the most commom complaint, followed by not starting on time, thinks alot of tracks tracks have problem with that, at least we still have places to race

1 member likes this post: crawfordsville410fans
6/20/12, 4:09 PM   #23
kstudley57

Pretty cool to have qualifying at a local show and help bridge the gap for the local races who want to expand to some USAC shows down the road and want to learn that trait... the younger guys of course and not horrible racers like myself. It's crazy how nice and appreciative the LPS staff is to the guy who come out to have some fun and brings a trailer in the back gate as well. My .02 is also that a support class is a welcomed addition to a two man team like mine to give at least one breather or two from making adjustments and stacking tearoffs as the night rolls on. I'm not sure we'd all be complaining if we could have just one quick refresher night with Dave Allison at the helm again, racing putnamville back them required petrolium jelly.

6/20/12, 4:14 PM   #24
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
hey john,
if i was as old & ugly as you i would want a lot of sleep to lol
Thats kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isnt it

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
6/20/12, 4:16 PM   #25
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Maybe the track will have lots of water this week instead on the hard lick surface,,i think they need to water the curb around the track really good...cause it dries out and the dust and dirt gets thrown out onto racing surface then it really gets slick

6/20/12, 4:20 PM   #26
brian2h

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunaganRacing View Post
Ouch! We all gotta start somewhere!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
im glad stewart drove and won all those championships in those different cars before he got his mod.so he could handle and maybe win one in a mod lol as far as junk goes ive spent way more money and time on my mod then i ever did on my sprint these cars are not near as for giving as a sprinter but when u get enough good drivers i think its as good of racing as there is. but please all u guys that only want to c sprints stick to ur guns and dont dare drop ur gaurds or ever try anything new in life that way u will never have to swallow any pride.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, crawfordsville410fans, Don 65s
6/20/12, 4:52 PM   #27
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

ok ok, he reeled in his "junk" comment, so let that one go. I hope everyone understands that you need to pick your level of racing, both for talent and finances. Some of the most fun racing you can see are those last features of the night, the street stocks, thunder cars, whatever you wanna call em, they are as serious as AJ Foyt out there, and you better not use that "junk" talk in the stands when all their kin and friends are still there rootin' them on. It's called the love of racing, some can afford to do it out of an 18 wheeler with spare everything on the walls and some do it on an open trailer and a spare tire or 2 from the junkyard. God Bless all you racers out there, thanks for entertaining us. bob

5 members like this post: 1st, mowerman, racefan20, Tumey's 55, VSneader2
6/20/12, 5:01 PM   #28
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARFprez View Post
ok ok, he reeled in his "junk" comment, so let that one go. I hope everyone understands that you need to pick your level of racing, both for talent and finances. Some of the most fun racing you can see are those last features of the night, the street stocks, thunder cars, whatever you wanna call em, they are as serious as AJ Foyt out there, and you better not use that "junk" talk in the stands when all their kin and friends are still there rootin' them on. It's called the love of racing, some can afford to do it out of an 18 wheeler with spare everything on the walls and some do it on an open trailer and a spare tire or 2 from the junkyard. God Bless all you racers out there, thanks for entertaining us. bob
Shame on you Bob. If you are going to post, then you need to be politically correct. It isn't a junkyard but a used auto parts facility.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: racefan20
6/20/12, 5:08 PM   #29
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Btw... There will be some extra cash available to the guy who is fast time.

As Bart Scott, a New York Jets linebacker once said... Can't Wait!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: cshuman
6/20/12, 10:11 PM   #30
Flatrightrear

Hats off to Wannaracebad for being man enough to apologize and meaning it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints