IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thanks KMS and USAC
8/26/12, 2:51 PM   #21
Sprintfan1985

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 55

I think Kokomo did a great job and don't believe the Smackdown should move from Kokomo. I believe other tracks could do this but it may pull attention away from this great event. I would like to see no other tracks running the same night as next years smackdown in Indiana. Great job to all the other tracks for stepping up big and not racing on these nights and being sponsors of the event. The O'Conners did a great job and planned some awesome things. The band was great on Friday night

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/26/12, 2:55 PM   #22
Re: Thanks KMS and USAC
ThePurple73

I think it's Great Kokomo put on a such a monumental show. Everyone respects the track for doing it.

I have always wondered why some Indiana track didn't run some kind of HUGE non-wing National type race this time of year, drawing most of the cars in Indiana and other non-wing areas.
If 90% of the avalible cars in Indiana showed up how many would there be?

8/26/12, 3:00 PM   #23
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
thought you was never going back to kokomo
Did you even care enough to go to this event, Lloyd? I know you don't travel too far past Putnamville, but this is one you really should have tried to make it to.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/26/12, 5:24 PM   #24
Cel Cripe

[I think it's Great Kokomo put on a such a monumental show. Everyone respects the track for doing it.
I have always wondered why some Indiana track didn't run some kind of HUGE non-wing National type race this time of year, drawing most of the cars in Indiana and other non-wing areas.}

Lps had Non-wing Nationals in Sept. for a yr or so
I still have the shirt with DD's signature on it.
--what happened ??????
Bloomington had a D O fest with many many sprint cars in the fall. I remember the fans were lined up at front ticket booth clear to the road
what happened ?????

8/26/12, 6:30 PM   #25
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Not exactly sure but I believe KMS Promotions is the corporate name for the speedway. Thinking that I heard a number of years ago when they bought the speedway that it was Kokomo Motor Sports Promotions. I might be wrong and someone will let us all know that.
I'll take that as right-o, Mudpacker. Thanks for the history/lineage.

I don't care what they call the place. It was a great show.

1 member likes this post: JarrettFarms73
8/26/12, 6:57 PM   #26
retired14

Great show. I was surprised the track held up as well as it did. They deserve a lot of credit for keeping it as "racey" as it was. Best racing you could ever wish for. Man, you could not wish for 3 better nights of competition from the front to the back. Only wish they would have moved the show on a little quicker. Other than that, all involved deserve a ton of credit. Hope to be back next year.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/26/12, 9:48 PM   #27
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired14 View Post
Great show. I was surprised the track held up as well as it did. They deserve a lot of credit for keeping it as "racey" as it was. Best racing you could ever wish for. Man, you could not wish for 3 better nights of competition from the front to the back. Only wish they would have moved the show on a little quicker. Other than that, all involved deserve a ton of credit. Hope to be back next year.
Agree with the great show. If you have been to many races at Kokomo you would not be surprised at how the track held up, those guys are masters of track prep. Normally they move the show along but I am sure this was a bit slower to build excitement and anticipation. After all, this was not your normal Saturday night show.

8/26/12, 9:49 PM   #28
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired14 View Post
I can't complain about the speed of the show. They filled in the gap for Night 3 because they had no quals. I liked the King of the Hill deal.

But then again, when nothing is going on on Saturdays, I am usually at Butler Motor Speedway up here up North. When you talk about slow, If you want to make a weekend out of it in one night..... Why, one night, I came in spiff and left with a beard.

Great show, though. I think we all agree.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thanks KMS and USAC