IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway is racing June 2nd
6/2/13, 3:50 PM   #21
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by newracefan123 View Post
Would have been nice to know an hour ago considering gas is $4 now

Posted via Mobile Device
It didn't start raining an hour ago. Sorry you wasted some gas but don't blame them for trying. It didn't rain long but didn't take much to put it over the top. Still looks like it could pour down any minute.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Pitpass, racerfanx2
6/2/13, 3:55 PM   #22
Re: Kokomo Speedway is racing tonight!
sprintsrule

Welcome to spring in the midwest! If you want to get mad, be mad at Mother Nature. Gas is not cheap, correct, but it's not exactly profitable for Kokomo to cancel a race, or any track obviously. The radar showed some pop up showers, so it's always a gamble upon already over saturated grounds. Some places don't even have Sunday races...just trying to find the positive

6/2/13, 4:07 PM   #23
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Glad to have Mobil commo
Just 30 or miles from.home. Thanks for posting

Posted via Mobile Device

6/2/13, 4:14 PM   #24
newracefan123

No need to be on attack mode considering you don't know ppls money situations I fully appreciate them for trying to race and yea Mother Nature is a b

Posted via Mobile Device

6/2/13, 4:26 PM   #25
sprintsrule

Quote:
No need to be on attack mode considering you don't know ppls money situations I fully appreciate them for trying to race and yea Mother Nature is a b

Posted via Mobile Device
Attack mode? Um....ok. Just adding my 2 cents is all.

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: cmiracingvids
6/2/13, 7:29 PM   #26
cmiracingvids

Just look at it this way...15 years ago I would have had to drive all the way to Kokomo to find out it was rained out. I was 45 minutes out of a 2 hour drive when I decided to check iow cuz it was getting dark. Sure enough...cancelled. Thanks iow and everyone on it!! That's twice this year you've saved me from driving all the way to a track.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/2/13, 7:50 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

7hr round trip. Arrival 3:30pm A wave to the Clausons who showed up at a dirt track and rained us out, Unhappy meal on way home.

Good Night.

BTW, Jerry, Chris Bell posted at 11:00 they were about to head to Kokomo to drive the 56 Fox car.

It is what it is

6/2/13, 8:56 PM   #28
REALDEAL

I don't think the track itself was the problem. The grounds surrounding the track are relatively flat and dont drain very quickly causing problems with parking in the pits and in the parking lot. Also, they have a big wang race, which I refuse to attend, Wednesday , and I'm sure that they didn't want to have huge ruts everywhere

Posted via Mobile Device

6/3/13, 5:41 AM   #29
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Would have been nice to know an hour ago considering gas is $4 now
As already noted,an hour earlier,they hadnt had any rain.

I could have waited till much later in the day to head to Kokomo myself,but sprint car racing is much more than just the racing,and I headed up early to jaw with friends,some of them I hadnt seen in a few weeks etc.

Just after they cancelled,a motorhome pulled in with a couple guys from New Zealand,and Australia at the wheel. Imagine their disappointment at what was yet another cancellation for them. $4.00 a gallon fuel is just a little part of their expense,and how would you like paying for all that when your dollar is only worth $.86 against the US dollar,which just drives up the cost of everything that much more. They came over to watch the Indy 500 and some sprint car races,but they have only seen Bloomington,IRP,and Lawrenceburg WoO races,and everything else they had planned has gotten washed out. Talk about a major disappointment,planning,planning,and planning some more,and spending a small fortune just to get here,and the weather screws up your plans,yet a few people here complain from missing a race or 2.

I had assumed these guys were probably over for Illinois,and Indiana Midget weeks,but they didnt know about them. So last night,amongst friends both new and old, conversation,drinks,ordered out for Pizza (twice!) and looking at the Road Atlas,and the Speedway Directory,and the weather,we have talked these 2 guys into coming over to Illinois Midget week,after they leave Kokomo on Wednesday night for the WoO.

So,for a rained out Sunday night of racing,I'd say we had a pretty good time last night. I didnt get home till 10:30 last night,and that is usually later than I get home from when they race on a Sunday night.

Bottom line though.....None of us wanted to get rained out either.We're not complaining about it though......
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 6/3/13 at 5:50 AM.

6/3/13, 6:36 AM   #30
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

As Andrew said we had a great time ( for a rain out ) . Good pizza . great friends , plenty of laughs . oh and lots of beer .

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway is racing June 2nd