IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS TO Farmer City Raceway 2012
9/11/11, 10:23 PM   #31
Re: MSCS TO Farmer City Raceway 2012
outlaw721

Thank you Roy, Jim Tree city,
All very good ideas and might use some of them in the future!! How about MSCS vs our Farmer City Non wings lets Call it the Farmer City Clash, put some real money up, and the Farmer city guys run outlaw
Thank you
Framer City Racway
David

2 members like this post: jim goerge, sprintgal
9/12/11, 11:35 AM   #32
racin jason

I think this is awesome with all of the views, support, comments, and suggestions. I contacted David about an MSCS show next year. My idea of this was to introduce myself and open up the door of communication between the MSCS and FCR.

We are all looking for ideas, comments, and suggestions to make non wing sprint car racing better for the drivers, car owners, and the fans. This is why the MSCS went to passing points in 2011. We felt it was more fan and driver friendly. If a driver draws a high number they still have a shot at a very good starting spot in the A Main. What fan doesn't like the idea of hearing that Brady Short, The Fitzpatrick boys, or Critter Malone are starting deep in their respective Heat races? This means they have to get up on the wheel and pass as many cars as they can in the heats giving every fan the most bang for their buck.

Please keep providing your thoughts here as the MSCS and FCR will discuss this opportunity for 2012.

Racin Jason Adams
Tour Director and Series Announcer
Midwest Sprint Car Series
www.mscssprints.com
racinjasonadams@yahoo.com
812-664-8268

2 members like this post: jim goerge, outlaw721
9/12/11, 2:44 PM   #33
ThrowbackRacingTeam

If I were you I would only do one MSCS race the first year. You are already biting off a lot to chew with a weekly show. I'd hate to see you try too much the first year and then have to quit. I would not mandate Hoosier tires but rather use a durometer test and make it so they have to be real hard ones. I wouldn't run modifieds with them because of their purse. I would run cheaper classes like street stocks and hornets or B-mods if there are any down there. But a maximum of 2 support classes. Starting early will be tough on track prep/conditions so I hope you're able to dig it up and water the hell out of it. Look forward to coming down!

1 member likes this post: outlaw721
9/12/11, 3:33 PM   #34
outlaw721

Jason,
I have your number buddy, JeffHammer will be calling you soon, to discuss future plans, I might need to call you after Jeff and I talk but we are very open to this we have so many different racing bodies wanting to book with us and I am glad you like the idea of me posting this on openwheel I repsect you for that!! Let me say this , right now looks good!!!Jeff will be talking you soon!
Thank you Jason MSCS
Farmer City Raceway
David

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Throwback!!
LMAO! That was funny! we have that good ole black gumbo and I will take your sugestion to heart! I agree maybe a few less classes!! God call buddy! Look me up when you get there Id like to shake your hand!!
Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
David

1 member likes this post: mowerman
9/12/11, 5:30 PM   #35
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

How about some restricted midgets as support class.....we are based out of the chicagoland area. We average around 18 cars a shows with a set pay out for all cars in the feature (100). The sanction body is the Illini Racing Series.Thanks for bringing nonwing sprints close to home.
Matt Schuck
SETracing (5, 7, 9, 52)
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/12/11, 7:41 PM   #36
outlaw721

set racing
Thank you was unaware of that ! Thank you Jeff and myself will look into that for sure!!
Thank you
Farmer City Raceway
David

10/12/11, 6:45 PM   #37
F5 Racer

So is Farmer City running non wing sprints weekly in 2012?
Posted via Mobile Device

10/12/11, 7:35 PM   #38
SamSr32

You must understand when you run a sanctioned race, there is no question on rules. They are set in stone by the sanctioning body, so don't waste your breath on changes. They only thing you are working on is the weekly sprint races. Hoosier has been a big supporter of MSCS and their racers since day one. This is an old dead horse about the DT3, it is the best cost effective situation for the racers, that is why it has been kept by the main line racers. JT Stapp is only interested in his personal ajenda and could care less about the sport in total. He has more than proved this in the past. Sam Stockon Sr. Founder of MSCS. PS; I am no longer associated with MSCS. This is strictly my personal opinion, Thanks and Good Luck to Farm City Speedway.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dant, jim goerge, SHORTBUS, sprintgal
10/12/11, 7:57 PM   #39
treecitytornado

Sam,

You have that totally backwards. Even your former employees have told me the same. Thanks for coming into work though. That's why SCORA DIED! It was all you! Nobody else.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/12/11, 9:07 PM   #40
SamSr32

JT you were definitely the reason SCORA did not work, because you and your buddy John Gurley help put it under! Enough said...

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS TO Farmer City Raceway 2012