IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!
8/24/09, 6:03 AM   #31
Re: Race fans!
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

At least 3 per weekend. So far this year I have been to 63 races (some tin tops) at 24 different tracks. Very fortunate to live in Indiana and see the best traditional sprint car racing around. Friday's it's either Gas City or Bloomington, Saturday Lawrenceburg, Waynesfield, Danville or Paragon and on Sunday it is Kokomo. Special events at Eldora, Tri State, Kamp, Terre Haute, ORP, Toledo, Winchester, Florence and Anderson. All of these are within 4 hours one way to plenty of action within easy driving distance.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/24/09, 6:11 AM   #32
Russ

Usually once or twice a week...between Gas City (45 minutes away), Putnamville (2 hours) and Kokomo (10 minutes)...I'm not a big fan of USAC shows, so if they are running one of those tracks I'll usually stay home and go to one of the others on the other nights...I'd much rather watch somebodies regular program...I will drive 4 or 5 hours to watch the Outlaws...I don't miss very many of their shows when they are in the midwest.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/24/09, 6:36 AM   #33
Wingman

I go about 1 to 3 shows a month. I drive 2-4 hours a show. I base the races I attend on the winners purse due to car counts. I dont want to travel and see low car counts. If big money is offered i go or if it is WOO sanctioned or USAC sanctioned or 10Grand is on the line I go. I will attend the burg about 90% of the time and eldora and Haubstaudt the other 10%.

8/24/09, 9:21 AM   #34
Andrew S. Quinn

I havent counted them up this year,but last yr I went to 100 races at 42 different speedways,and I might have missed one or two. That was up from 92 the year before. It will be fairly close to that at the end of this season as well.

I dont think thats to bad an effort for a working stiff. Thats why I moved to Indiana.

8/24/09, 9:55 AM   #35
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I get to about to two to three a month. Now our season starts in March and runs till early November. My closest track Lincoln Speedway (Hanover PA.) is almost 60 miles door to pitgate.

8/24/09, 10:30 AM   #36
ked

Was going on average once a week.. driving as far at 4 hours away but normally a little over an hour away. Now that I moved I haven't been to a race in a month The closest track is an hour away from my house from my new location.

8/24/09, 1:20 PM   #37
FishBurger

At least one per week during racing season. And that one would normally be at Lawrenceburg (1.3 miles) unless USAC is running sprints the same night elsewhere. Several times a year I'll hit 2 or 3 a week. Now that I'm old ( ) , I don't often get as far from home as I once did. Terre Haute (169 miles), Gas City (140 miles) are about my limit with same day returns to home. Haubstadt (220 miles) is doable only with a stay at the Comfort Inn down the road from the track. More often than not it's just me and Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gretchen Wilson, and/or Patty Loveless in the old Silverado. They do a nice job keeping me awake.

Have been as far west as Manzanita, as far east as Reading, PA, north to Milwaukee, and south to Florence, KY......but none that far in about 15 years.

8/24/09, 2:56 PM   #38
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

we have been to 68 races so far. 23 thacks , 8 states, 7 rain outs. got about 30 left to see. we would go 7 days a week if they were sheduled properly.

8/24/09, 3:04 PM   #39
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

At least once a week, but usually two nights a week. I have done three a few times this year and was pretty tired by late Sunday night. I'm not as young as I used to be, but quite a bit heavier. Did all of Sprintweek for the first time this year. The car made every feature but one, and that was a mechanical failure which was my fault. Have tried it before but always broke or crashed and missed some nights.

Live about 15 miles north of Bloomington so I can make it to any Indiana track in around 2 hours. Haubstadt takes just a little longer. So far this year I have been to 28 nights of racing with three different teams. The last 21 nights back with the EP #2.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

8/24/09, 3:10 PM   #40
racefan20

3 a weekend on most weeks, 2 if not. I've been to around 50 right now and expect to get to another 15 or so. Had planned to go to manzy again in November. I'll probably replace that with Granite City unless mowerman talks me into going to Tulare. Most everything else has been in Indiana(except Eldora and Danville). Hey I miss manzy, I have a cousin that lives in Cornville up near Sedona, is there any open wheel tracks up in the mountians up there? I have been visiting him in November the last few years and going up and down the mountian to Manzy.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!