IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo on Sunday
10/22/07, 5:22 AM   #31
Re: Kokomo on Sunday
Melmo

Hey Jerry I know it was a bad deal and yea I was upset and went to the O'Conners and asked a lot of questions. Now as far as Saturday there was not much they could do during the week because of the rains that were coming in and was worried about just getting the show in this weekend. Also as for Sunday yea I didn't understand it either but I thought they would put more water on the track before the A-main but with all the rubber that was down there was really no use because it would have been slicker that what it was. But then again it made it interesting in the stands talking to people that's been around for several years like you me. The one name that keep coming up was Allen Bar from the past that could make it happen when the track was dry and slick like it was Sunday every weekend at Kokomo. But all in all with me feeling bad all weekend I had a great time. Just wish they were running next Saturday.

More to come when I get off work tonight.

10/22/07, 7:10 AM   #32
J.D.

I drove 4 hrs to Kokomo Saturday, my first visit ever, and seen some pretty good racing. Jeff Bland, Jr. was the man on the move, of course Darland and Short ventured out to no-mans-land to find the fastest way around and it paid off. If there would of been some visibilty for Bland, he would of been giving Short all he wanted. I wanted to see the late model show, but who could see? Dyno Don was right when he said too many support classes! I've yet to see a track that puts on the shows like Haubstadt and Bloomington!....and no I didn't go back on Sunday, I knew what the Sun+Dirt+800hp=bad day at the track! I can tell Kokomo is a racy little joint and I will go back on a nite there is not so many support classes!

10/22/07, 9:06 AM   #33
Eatin Dirt

Was at Kokomo Sat. night and thought the racing was pretty good. Up until the track was reworked I only saw the racing in turns 3-4 due to the fact I was afraid of being knocked out by the flying mud clods, but hey I was at a DIRT track and that is the only place to be. Just a thought but not a complaint, what could be used to mark the inside of the track besides the big tires. Seems that all to often cars are damaged or bent up from these tires. It sure ruined a good run for Jon S. Sat night. Gotta run for now. But just wanted to let out a few thoughts this morning.

10/22/07, 11:57 AM   #34
BrentTFunk

I went Sat. but sold my tickets for Sun. Even though I lost money I am glad I did not attend. As Andrew Quinn stated earlier these type of back gate heavy shows are killing our sport. A race program should never last 10 hours. I think the O Conners are nice people, but this show to me summed up everything wrong with short track racing. Please read the link Quinn provided. With that said the rest of the year was nothing short of great.

10/22/07, 12:30 PM   #35
Mr. Happy

It was just a typical day race. It just was what it was. :checkered:

10/22/07, 12:55 PM   #36
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

"The people that left Sat. and did not come back were a lot smarter than the people that came today." Well,I guess my wife and I are considered to be of the stupid variety as we drove up to Kokomo,spent the weekend also several dollars in your "city" and showed up on Sunday.I know there were alot others also.
At any rate I personally take offense to your above comment,we came to watch racing and that we did, getting pelted by mud bombs Sat. nite, by the way a guy behind us got hit with a mud bomb and was knocked out and he didn't remember what day it was. Sunday was a dust bowl, but I am glad it was ran Sunday afternoon so we and alot others could get home at a decent hour.
Just a parting comment to you Mr. Spencer, looks like you are running for jr mayor of Kokomo?Nice ad on your car when we not so smart people came back to watch Sundays races. Oh btw, since you came back Sunday does that mean you are not very either, oh well I'm done with this.:censor:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/22/07, 1:16 PM   #37
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
................ a guy behind us was knocked up and he didn't remember what day it was.
I've heard some wild tales about this sort of thing happening to some women, but the GUY behind you must have a place in the record books! :kookoo2:

10/22/07, 3:28 PM   #38
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
I've heard some wild tales about this sort of thing happening to some women, but the GUY behind you must have a place in the record books! :kookoo2:
He didn't even remember "it" happening as the paramedics were walking him down the steps.:headbang:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/22/07, 3:57 PM   #39
Jerry Spencer

I am truely sorry for offending anyone with my post, I should have hit the think button before I hit send. I am sorry for saying what I said. As far as the Goodnight for Mayor on the side of our car Mr. Goodnight is a dirt track supporter and would be on Racings side in the Mayors office. ( D.O. I told you this was going to happen.)

Jerry Spencer

10/22/07, 4:12 PM   #40
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
I am truely sorry for offending anyone with my post, I should have hit the think button before I hit send. I am sorry for saying what I said. As far as the Goodnight for Mayor on the side of our car Mr. Goodnight is a dirt track supporter and would be on Racings side in the Mayors office. ( D.O. I told you this was going to happen.)

Jerry Spencer

I don't think you should be sorry for what was said at all, I didn't go to the races due to working, but if the track sucked, it sucked. Why can't anybody say anything about it? People will always complain about everything, the Burg was to wet, and Kokomo to dry. Get over it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo on Sunday