IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > car pooling and meeting friends
2/4/08, 2:52 PM   #31
Re: car pooling and meeting friends
miledirt

My deal is similar to Roger's... except I live around St. Louis

My wife will go occasionally and I've got buds that are into dirt racing, but primarily late models around St. Louis.

When I drive to Terre Haute or Haubstadt, I don't mind the drive by myself but it would be cool to know some guys at the track. So any of you who go regularly to Haubstadt or Terre Haute, I'd be interesting in meeting some fellow IOW'ers

2/4/08, 10:19 PM   #32
Re: car pooling and meeting friends
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
Roger, one thing to try is to put aside your shyness [not always easy, I know] and get to know the people sitting around you. I've travelled for a living most of my life and visited dirt tracks around the country alone. I've yet to meet a fan at a sprint race that wasn't friendly and somewhat knowledgeable. Many remain friends to this day so a trip to a far away track really isn't "alone" anymore.
My wife, not a race fan, sometimes asks why I go to a race alone. I tell her that I'll know people there. That's usually true but if not I
just meet new people with the same addiction.
I met my long time buddy and travel partner Pete on the CB radio[remember them?] in 1973 lost, trying to find Eldora. Now I can't get him to shut up! LOL. Besides, he continues to enlighten me with his lefty ********. See you all April 5th.
:hoffman:
And when Pete and I are both around, you're outnumbered.

Seriously, I could care less what my racing friends' ******** are and vice versa, I'm sure. We enjoy what we have in common, a love/addiction for this silly exercise of chasing races and admiring some very talented people.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > car pooling and meeting friends