IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Action Track Thursday August 1, 2024 Sprint Week
8/2/24, 8:52 AM   #31
Rpracing1

Certainly glad we gambled on the two hour drive. A Terror Hote like none other tonight. Cowboy up with wheelies throughout the straightaways. Musta been 20 flips that Shudda but didn’t happen. Only the strong go up and run that wall line in no-man’s zip code tonight. Blu was boss, although not the winner, he was the boss. Good to see Stockon up front challenging for a win too. They need that. Good competitive race , kudos to track crew to give everyone a raceable surface and the drivers for keeping cars out of each other in tight high speed rough constraints. Very good crowd. I’ll eat cereal , no Bacon for breakfast today. Thumbs up!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 8/2/24 at 9:12 AM.

8/2/24, 9:01 AM   #32
Re: Terre Haute Action Track Thursday August 1, 2024 Sprint
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

That to me was the Dream THAT Track. Heavy as hell and drivers had to figure it out and ride the stallion. No freaking dust at all and ten different ways to run it. Im not sure a water truck could ever get it that tacky on a 90* day.

I know the tracks a little different. a little more banking all the way out. But when I started going there it either didn't get half track to a cush and Levi Jones ran in the fluff to win or it got so slick that only wall runners and inner gaurdrail runners. with Stanbrough running the middle.

Awesome show. Like Jerry Said. On Flo we only seen Robert maybe a couple laps of his run.

This sports gone to a place where you see perfect or slick tracks all the time and start to believe a sprinter cant handle running in the fluff................TILL THEY PROVE YOU WRONG.

Way to go everyone! LOVE THAT.
Woohoo! Bacon for everyone for breakfast!

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, LUCKYONE
8/2/24, 9:44 AM   #33
ThrowbackRacingTeam

#1. Hats off to the promoter and crew on this one!
#2. Ballou showed why he’s the “madman”
#3. Not a spec of dust. Incredible track.
#4. There should have been twice as many people there. I drove 4 hours and there’s people saying they didn’t want to drive 1 or 2. Pathetic fans.
#5. The USAC announcer on Flo should not be the PA announcer at the track. He is the worst I’ve ever heard. And the camera work on Flo for USAC is the worst coverage you’ll see on Flo. They zoom in way too much and miss most of what’s going on. Glad I went to this in person so I could see the race and the greatest/ bravest drive from last to 5th I’ve ever seen in all my years of attending races.
#6. Those straightaways were scary fast! You probably couldn’t tell on Flo the way the film it but I’m glad there wasn’t any catastrophes. Many close calls though. I walked the track after and the whole thing was like a sponge!
#7. Do not ever skip the Action track because it’s 2 hours away. Or yes, you are a complete idiot.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oldfan49, TQ29m
8/2/24, 11:13 AM   #34
nodramazone20

Easy on the pathetic fans....some of us stay way because of the cheating that goes on and that goes unpunished...

8/2/24, 11:17 AM   #35
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I’m not a pathetic fan. It takes considerable effort for me to attend a race. I have to get someone to stay with my wife and we had severe storms down here. Not worth the risk of driving through that. I had enough of tornadoes coming back from Indy on May 26.
I’ve not missed many races at Terre Haute since 1967.
I get tired of the fans who say cars get too strung out on a half mile or mile track. I still go to DuQuoin every year and have since 1965.
I’m going to try Bloomington tonight. Apparently it’s still on.

8/2/24, 11:17 AM   #36
flagboy55

So many of you have touched on it, but I have to reiterate, big kudos to Spiker and crew as well as USAC. I’m sure some drivers and teams were whining about the the track. But guess what, Mother Nature gave us what many of us long to see, a juiced up Action Track. The show was excellent.

8/2/24, 12:01 PM   #37
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Bravo to track crew Seeing some pictures of the track before the race, they never would have gotten this done in years past. Great race and night. Thank you to all that helped get this done!
I saw Sargent get it raceable like that a couple times in the past.

4 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Hubie48, luckybuc97, ronmil
8/2/24, 12:06 PM   #38
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
#4. There should have been twice as many people there. I drove 4 hours and there’s people saying they didn’t want to drive 1 or 2. Pathetic fans.
#5. The USAC announcer on Flo should not be the PA announcer at the track. He is the worst I’ve ever heard. And the camera work on Flo for USAC is the worst coverage you’ll see on Flo. They zoom in way too much and miss most of what’s going on. Glad I went to this in person so I could see the race and the greatest/ bravest drive from last to 5th I’ve ever seen in all my years of attending races.
#6. Those straightaways were scary fast! You probably couldn’t tell on Flo the way the film it but I’m glad there wasn’t any catastrophes. Many close calls though. I walked the track after and the whole thing was like a sponge!
#7. Do not ever skip the Action track because it’s 2 hours away. Or yes, you are a complete idiot.
Robert's feat was right up there with MDC's miracle at Haubstadt.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
8/2/24, 1:06 PM   #39
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Robert's feat was right up there with MDC's miracle at Haubstadt.
Blu’s run was spectacular last eve, but I’m not sure it would be right with Clayton’s classic TSS performance. JMO

4 members like this post: Dale, luckybuc97, tirespinner, wildman92
8/2/24, 1:07 PM   #40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Easy on those who can't make it. You got no idea what people's situations are.

For some who stay away due to forecast. Oh gee What did you do before the net? I took many two and three hour drives that didn't get in for one reason or another. (BUT MOST DID) and I have awesome memories from em.

Get to the tracks if you can, It's the only way they survive. Flo's not paying squat.

2 members like this post: EPSpeed, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Action Track Thursday August 1, 2024 Sprint Week