IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts
8/24/24, 11:05 AM   #31
flagboy55

Night 2 in the books. No complaints, just fun. Yes the track was too bottom dominant but nobody gets it right every time. KTJ was good and fortunate to not have to deal with traffic too much. For those of you hating on it , just remember you have options. There’s a couple other tracks running NW 410’s That out of everything is the most puzzling thing to me this weekend

1 member likes this post: duel
8/24/24, 12:49 PM   #32
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Night 2 in the books. No complaints, just fun. Yes the track was too bottom dominant but nobody gets it right every time. KTJ was good and fortunate to not have to deal with traffic too much. For those of you hating on it , just remember you have options. There’s a couple other tracks running NW 410’s That out of everything is the most puzzling thing to me this weekend
You've completed your own "puzzle" with the options or choices as they are called,one event should not and does not shut down racing events.🏁🏁

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

5 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, mlamb, PJ Wright, Russ, tirespinner
8/24/24, 3:20 PM   #33
Re: Smackdown thoughts
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
You've completed your own "puzzle" with the options or choices as they are called,one event should not and does not shut down racing events.🏁🏁
I agree. I don't get the mentality that just because Kokomo is running their big show that all the other tracks should shut down. That's ridiculous. Lincoln Park and other tracks have every right to run as they please. There are really only 7 or 8 teams that have a realistic chance to win Kokomo. Lincoln Park gives the lower budget teams a chance to run and maybe win instead of just being an also ran at Kokomo.

8/24/24, 5:00 PM   #34
cl124

You can look at it that way but also can look at it in the light that any car competing for track championship at Lincoln park now has to decide if they go race there to stay in points battle or come to Kokomo with a chance all be it small at the big prize or $1000+ to start spot in the feature. I for one think it’s crappy for the other tracks to put their regular supporters in the position to have to choose.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld
8/24/24, 5:20 PM   #35
flagboy55

I guess I look bigger picture. I’m not asking any track to shut down. First off one of the tracks has no affiliation with USAC at the moment so do what you want. The other. run anything besides non wing 410’s. Flying pigs for all I care. It’s just some of us believe the best way to grow wingless racing is a couple times a year, change it up for what are wingless biggest races. It’s no wonder we can’t get any bigger

1 member likes this post: oppweld
8/24/24, 6:36 PM   #36
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

At quick glance on My Race Pass, I only saw 1 car at LPS that was at Smackdown the last 2 nights - Pretorious. And none at Paragon.

8/24/24, 7:25 PM   #37
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl124 View Post
You can look at it that way but also can look at it in the light that any car competing for track championship at Lincoln park now has to decide if they go race there to stay in points battle or come to Kokomo with a chance all be it small at the big prize or $1000+ to start spot in the feature. I for one think it’s crappy for the other tracks to put their regular supporters in the position to have to choose.
Using that mentality Outback should shut down anytime Texas Roadhouse has a big special?

LPS, Paragon, Bloomington, whomever are businesses just like many race teams are businesses. Tracks are under no obligation to shut down just because one is running a special event.

And as proven, it really hasn't had much of an effect, now has it?

8/24/24, 8:46 PM   #38
JarrettFarms73

Brayden Clark - ladies and gentlemen…. Brayden. Clark.

2 members like this post: tirespinner, TQ97
8/24/24, 10:11 PM   #39
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Very disappointing weekend, Track wasnt good at all and not a lot of action. Went the first 2 nights, skipped the 3rd night and went elsewhere racing and watched feature on flo. A bit of an uneventful year for USAC, hoping things turn around for them and hopefully Kokomo gets their track back to where it used to be! Very uncharacteristic normally the racings great.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PAW
8/24/24, 11:24 PM   #40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I went to another track tonight and left before the heats were over.

As for Kokomo. They made it great again all the way up to the feature. It was still ok but there's two guys that have that low line mastery when it's available and the Six in a row guy did it again.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts