Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > GOAT Thrills & Spills
11/22/07, 11:56 AM   #31
Re: GOAT Thrills & Spills
Speedracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGardner View Post
how about...

GOAT step on it award....

darland at lps sprintweek dumps it leading big...97..

pissed of driver how about Hewitt at north vernon...i think there was a big fight in the pits...maybe someone can add on to my story cause i was about 8 years old had snuck into the pits hewitt was pissed off and someone and i remember little marvel hitting him in the jaw and knocking him on his ass then he didnt know who had hit him...dont remember the whole story though....
Yeah It was 1995 I think. I was 7 or 8 but remember that pretty vividly. There was a wreck at the beginning of the feature involving Billy Rose, Brad Marvel and Kevin Thomas I think. Well Thomas and Marvel got there spots back in front of Hewitt and I"m guessing that didn't make Hewitt to happy. All I remember is Hewitt and some guy rolling around but it was the first fight I witnessed at a sprint car race so i'll always remember it. Ya have to wonder, how young is too young to be in the pits?

11/23/07, 12:42 PM   #32
mizzmeatboy

Step on it - Robbie Rice taking the Truckers car into Bloomington's parking lot after the flag.

Ricky Shelton 16th Street Speedway hitting the traffic light & breaking his neck? He didn't go to the doctor for a while.

Critter Malone, David Bridges, at 16th Street, just about any night.

Kasey Kahne hitting the water truck at Bloomington.

:pissonwings:

11/25/07, 1:28 AM   #33
D.O.

Have started editing together various clips for GOAT. Lots of Classic stuff sp far. Anymore ideas?
:dologob:

11/29/07, 1:36 AM   #34
dirtyd6305

QUALS: Bud Kaeding quals at Haubstadt the first year they had USAC; it was after a really long rain delay.

CRASH: Don Schilling's career ender at Winchester when he got speared in the hip by Mike Mason. Ted Hines down the back stretch at Winchester in the Helmling 4. Around 6 cars flipping and crashing down into turn 1 at Winchester as a storm breaks out.....all of these were from the same feature....it was a Thunder broadcast.

Rusty McClure at Eldora.

STEP ON DICK
: Jon Stanbrough in the Hoffman 69, stepping on it during a restart at Limaland while leading.

11/29/07, 10:26 AM   #35
Jerry Spencer

How about John Mapes in my dads car going out of the ballpark at Kokomo hitting a car and the grainery doors, this opened up the seat for Tray House then Tony Elliott the bad side dad had too pay for the doors. :headbang:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

11/29/07, 6:04 PM   #36
richie

Don Schilling nearly flipping into the infield during a midget race at Terre Haute. Took down quite a bit of the spectator fencing on the inside of the backstraightaway and frightened many fans.

Gary Cameron sprinting across the infield at Terre Haute to get to Byron Reed.

Jay Drake in the Booe Brothers #21 barrel-rolling down the front straightaway at Terre Haute. - 1998

11/30/07, 5:17 PM   #37
Roger Hughes

The DVD must include "D.O. mower accident at Edwards" If anyone has the video, I will pay top dollar.

Roger Hughes:checkered:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > GOAT Thrills & Spills