IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
6/30/24, 7:55 PM   #31
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
I hope your statement is in jest. If it isn’t you might want to fire up your Twitter account and look up Johnny Wingo. The photo is there. Maybe even just ask Brady. 🤷*♂️

The rolling eyes at the end of my post should be a clue...

3 members like this post: Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, TQ29m
6/30/24, 8:00 PM   #32
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Yes! its also a good thing they don't have gambling on this.... oh wait...
interesting point even though my comment was in Jest.

6/30/24, 8:50 PM   #33
flagboy55

I’ve seen pictures of the alleged infractions on both the 19 and 69. I’ve seen the rule posted. However painful, the right call must be made. It’s seems simple to me

6/30/24, 9:11 PM   #34
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Yada Yada Yada…… You skillfully avoided answering the main last question to you in my post……
Bingo!

6/30/24, 11:56 PM   #35
BLASTER1

1 member likes this post: hoscalecody
7/1/24, 12:36 AM   #36
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR3 View Post
The primary purpose of any sanctioning body is to administer races and enforce rules. Something like weight in an illegal location is easily rectified. As an organization, as soon as something is pointed out like this you should approach the teams and require them to fix it or they can load up and go home.

I don't know if weight in an illegal location is as egregious an infraction as illegal fuel, engine, tires or even total weight. However, this certainly needs to be addressed.

One thing I do get tired of is seeing organizations turn their heads when one of the "big teams" purposely breaks a rule but the minute one of the "small teams" does it and the big team points it out its taken serious. Or someone is allowed to be illegal until they run up front.

One example of them throwing the rule book the side has been when they allow illegal midget engines to race just because they know they're not fast enough to win. However, the minute one wins everyone would be up in arms. So why not just write them into the rule book?
"One thing I do get tired of is seeing organizations turn their heads when one of the "big teams" purposely breaks a rule but the minute one of the "small teams" does it and the big team points it out its taken serious."

I've personally had that happen before, not with USAC though. With mini sprints. I was always lowest budget team out there. Running a dead stock engine on pump gas, with factory tuned ECU, was having some problems with overheating. We drilled a few holes in the hood for some pipes to channel air to radiator more. We also heard if you got more air to intake it can help lower temps. So we took a flexible plastic hose from Lowes, ran it to the right side of the airbox and ran a small pvc pipe to the left inlet of the stock airbox. Ran the first race, found out to much air was coming in and had no power, so we put some foam in. Helped a ton with temps and gave us a little more power. Not much, but some. Still no where near what the "bigger" teams were.

Well one of the "bigger favorite" teams noticed and complained about it. We were parked for the night due, to we were running "forced injection" although rules only stated "No turbo, super chargers, or vacuum pumps." Meanwhile said team and several other teams were sending their engines out for really high dollar rebuilds. That's not even including on the aftermarket airboxes, some of the airbox on the left side would stick out the side of the hood.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 7/1/24 at 1:51 AM.

7 members like this post: bighd0522, Blitzman, flagboy55, Hubie48, Indy1808, luckybuc97, oppweld
7/1/24, 4:09 AM   #37
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTER1 View Post

Cheap fakes, Cheap Fakes!

2 members like this post: BLASTER1, flagboy55
7/1/24, 8:05 AM   #38
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
if someone would take time to read the usac master rule book, it states on page one" this rule book can be changed without warning".
And often IS!!!

7/1/24, 8:18 AM   #39
The Old Coyote

I believe both of these teams involved in this are honest, fair minded and professionally run organizations and I do not believe either of them are cheaters. The thing that most puzzles me about this whole thing is why? I just have a hard time believing either team would do something so obviously in violation of a clearly stated rule at the very front of the rule book without some kind prior approval or consent.

To paraphrase Ricki Ricarrdo, "USAC, you got some splainin to do"!

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hubie48, nathans1012, stp6237
7/1/24, 10:02 AM   #40
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Serious question. I thought that putting weight on in front of the axle was actually bad for the set up. I thought that this was where certain series put weight on the car when they were trying to balance engine sizes? Do I have my locations off or is it that Macon was such a different type of track that it took a very different type set up.
I'm wondering if the weight way up front was possibly to help keep the front end from lifting.

6 members like this post: CRA91, CSmith66, Ilovedirttrackracing, Jonr, nathans1012, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon