IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > City of Lawrenceburg Nationals(Drivers)
10/3/08, 3:31 PM   #31
Re: City of Lawrenceburg Nationals(Drivers)
Kirk Spridgeon

There won't be 70, but I would expect a really solid field. Some guys who were more comfortable on the old track are just not made to compete on the new track. There is no "putting" around and still being somewhat competitive at Lawrenceburg.

Clauson will not be there....he is staying down south this weekend.

10/3/08, 4:38 PM   #32
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
There won't be 70, but I would expect a really solid field. Some guys who were more comfortable on the old track are just not made to compete on the new track. There is no "putting" around and still being somewhat competitive at Lawrenceburg.

Clauson will not be there....he is staying down south this weekend.

Yet I've seen several underfunded and maybe not quite as talented drivers do pretty well there this year. I Believe a ton of it is how comfortable they are feeling and how their cars handeling. The Paragon guys looked good and so did the Puttnamville guys when they ran here.

Still a tough field to crack
Chuck

10/3/08, 5:01 PM   #33
kylecumminsfan

what time zone are they on?? didnt know if they are a hr ahead or not..

10/3/08, 5:09 PM   #34
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Yet I've seen several underfunded and maybe not quite as talented drivers do pretty well there this year. I Believe a ton of it is how comfortable they are feeling and how their cars handeling. The Paragon guys looked good and so did the Puttnamville guys when they ran here.

Still a tough field to crack
Chuck
New Lawrenceburg = Horsepower.

10/3/08, 5:38 PM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
New Lawrenceburg = Horsepower.
I don't even attempt to say what it takes. I said that I've een teams that normally wouldn't make the feature last year on the old track do pretty well on this one. I seen Josh SPencer win a heat race in sprint week and seen drivers use the banking for Horsepower compensating for a little motor lag. There are different reasons to all of these but I've seen people make what they have work on it.

I just hope its good racing and everyone stays safe. No exiting the track please

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > City of Lawrenceburg Nationals(Drivers)