IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most Fun You Had at a Rainout...
11/2/07, 12:49 PM   #31
Re: Most Fun You Had at a Rainout...
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
steve enslow. now that's a character. remember in the early 70's he got on my brand new bike and rode it around the infield at lima. he waived into the stands before handing it off to a few of the drivers to test. ya talk about a pissed off 8 year old. i hadn't been on the bike yet...lmao
Is he the guy that owned the blue #66 car that Alderson drove way back when?

11/2/07, 1:17 PM   #32
Rex W.

[QUOTE=bigmojo5;16393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeCroxton View Post

From Jim Morrison
Not sure how fun this was but remember at Knoxville Nationals about 1998 watched as the clouds stacked up to the west on a hot and very humid day. Perfect for creating a tornado. As day turned to night, a few rain drops began to fall and then even more and it got real chilly. About that time, sirens started going.
A videographer from California looked at me and asked what it was. Told him it was a tornado siren. He said, "They don't come out at night, do they?"
Said I guess he'd never seen the move "Twister", which includes tornadoes at night.
He also asked what he should do, to which I said we don't stay here.
In hte press room, we learned there was a tornado directly over Knoxville that had actually touched down outside of town. Races for the night -- I believe it was Friday -- were postponed to Sunday afternoon, which was kinda weird since the qualifying races for the Saturday night final were ran Sunday afternoon. Don't remember exactly how they remedied that.
It was Saturday nite that it happened so they ran it on Sunday

11/2/07, 1:33 PM   #33
smith19

yes he is. steve was one hell of a nice guy. when he got out of sprints he got into boat raceing and then moved to louisiana. that was were his wife was from. he was involved in sprints in southeastern ohio before moving to usac.

11/2/07, 4:44 PM   #34
RichC

Hauler Follies redeaux

1990 or 1991 CRA tour race at Knoxville. I think we got the race in but the rain came. Anyway, a toterhome type hauler got stuck on the banking trying to go out the turn 4 gate. Somebody showed up with a motorhome and a chain to pull out the hauler. The RV gets a run at it and BANG the RV's entire back bumper came off. The chain acted like it was an arm and pivoted that bumper around the side of the hauler and speared it into the side the trailer. uh, whoopsie! :kookoo2:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most Fun You Had at a Rainout...