IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Greensburg & Season Round Up
9/27/09, 12:08 PM   #31
Re: VUMTQRL Greensburg & Season Round Up
Jrp4554

First and foremost. Congratulations to the VUMWTQRL( hope that's right) on your car count. 25 cars when its been raining for a week straight. That's awesome. Congratulations on all your accomplishments this year. Keep it up for 2010.

1 member likes this post: Uncle_Charlie
9/27/09, 4:54 PM   #32
loveracing

Congrats to Nick Speidel and to the 5g team for the big win. A special congrats to Steve Brown. We also want to thank Matt Lux for driving the wheels off the "ol **** box". Thanks again to Steve Brown for the best darn motor from the south. I want to thank Mark and Jen for the best racing and making it so we don't have to drink the darn green kool aid ever again..
PS
DRINK THE ORANGE KOOL AID

9/28/09, 6:37 PM   #33
speidel21

Thank you all for the congrats. And to Steve Brown/Chris Guinn for the great racecar. Crew Jerry,Mark, and of course my mom. It was a great heavy hammerdown racetrack. The MTQRL officials did a great job at getting the show completed before the rain came. The competition is very tough right now, I think there has been 5 different winners in the last 5 races. Says alot for how good the racing has been. Felt amazing to finally get a win after years and years of coming so close.

Hey Bob McClure, how did it feel to get back in the cockpit?

9/28/09, 6:53 PM   #34
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speidel21 View Post
Thank you all for the congrats. And to Steve Brown/Chris Guinn for the great racecar. Crew Jerry,Mark, and of course my mom. It was a great heavy hammerdown racetrack. The MTQRL officials did a great job at getting the show completed before the rain came. The competition is very tough right now, I think there has been 5 different winners in the last 5 races. Says alot for how good the racing has been. Felt amazing to finally get a win after years and years of coming so close.

Hey Bob McClure, how did it feel to get back in the cockpit?
Does anyone have a picture of him in his driving suit?
Posted via Mobile Device

9/28/09, 6:55 PM   #35
TQ29m

Nick, you guys had your act together, that was some good racing, glad to see you win one, keep wondering when/if we'll ever get one. Back in the "office" felt good, just had forgotten, that my damn helmet was an extended Bell, which means it's about an inch or so closer to your shoulders, and when you put a std neck support on, it raises the helmet up, and makes it difficult/impossible to see thru your glasses, I had a thinner one, but it wasn't in my "gig" bag. Hope we get this one in at th burg. Good luck, and maybe you'll get back to back to close out the season. Bob

9/28/09, 7:02 PM   #36
nowings4me

Big congrats to Nick and the team. You sure had the pedal down. Thanks to everyone that came out to play. Scooter, hope you are not too sore. Glad you are OK. Great call to run things like they did. Worked out just perfect. Thanks to Jen and Mark for the chicken, and to everyone else for all the great food we had to enjoy. Hope to see all of you at the 'Burg.

9/29/09, 9:45 AM   #37
scooter99

congrats nick, steve & chris. great run

9/29/09, 9:43 PM   #38
speidel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Nick, you guys had your act together, that was some good racing, glad to see you win one, keep wondering when/if we'll ever get one. Back in the "office" felt good, just had forgotten, that my damn helmet was an extended Bell, which means it's about an inch or so closer to your shoulders, and when you put a std neck support on, it raises the helmet up, and makes it difficult/impossible to see thru your glasses, I had a thinner one, but it wasn't in my "gig" bag. Hope we get this one in at th burg. Good luck, and maybe you'll get back to back to close out the season. Bob
Bob, ask my mom sometime about her experience when she took my gokart out on the small bullring track we ran one night years ago. She threw my helmet on and she found out it wasn't a very good fit once she got out on the track and had nothing but problems between holding the helmet from moving around and driving the kart. Got to be comfortable. Maybe since you got back out there, you will get the urge to get back in your "office" sometime again here soon??

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter99 View Post
congrats nick, steve & chris. great run
Scooter99, is you and your car ok. will you be able to make it to the burg Friday. by the way, that car looks familiar in your avatar pic

9/30/09, 10:18 AM   #39
TQ29m

Nick, the "urge" never goes away, what really did me in, was the lack of help, couldn't get anyone interested in going, or helping on the car, even at home, seems like everyone is too busy, young guys don't want anything but loud radios and speakers in their cars, isn't too much interest in learning anymore, just want "a ride". I have to thank my wife for going, and at least trying to help, and a lot of folks at the track, for taking time to "tuck me in", and roll me out in the way, so someone would have to push me off, just to get the line clear, so it became a lot easier, maybe, to just be an "owner". I had a few good helpers over the years, but as they get married, or find other interests, it's impossible to pick up an interested person. It was fun, even with the helmet being up too high, Kyle has shoulder strap pads on the harness too, so that didn't help, I was almost looking out UNDER the helmet. Lets hope we get this next one in, and have a safe nite at th burg, I might oughta prepare for another hot lap session, Kyle works in Anderson, and I don't know what time he'll be able to get there. See ya FRIDAY! Bob

9/30/09, 11:14 AM   #40
scooter99

Yeh Nick that car should look familiar. ha. i feel great! i got all this natural padding, thanks to Budwieser. Should have the car put back together to day, so i should be there friday.

Had to change the pic.ha
Last edited by scooter99; 9/30/09 at 11:43 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Greensburg & Season Round Up