IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year
10/3/24, 8:59 AM   #31
Re: Bacon going wing racing next year
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Blah, Blah, Blah blah blah blah, USAC's done, over, nobody wants to run it, Blah.
The champions always move on or retire yet it continues and is still the best racing in the overall scheme of things. it also makes it more incentive for locals to run the shows when they could crack the top five possibly and not hope to crack the top ten

In either discipline they're going to have to compete against top teams. While each takes huge sums of money to run full time. It's still probably half to run USAC. I've seen many leave and basically not be able to continue due to fundage. Not finishing well getting fired because either the car owner sees someone else as better or someone else can bring backing.

I got no idea who HAR will hookup with or if. All I know is that Rob said it was his desire to at least make the 100 mark. And I couldn't tell you even if I did until they release the info themselves.. Several guys out there that would like to try full time or all full time USAC but need more to be competitive.
Wasn't Bacon basically renting the Hoffman name?

1 member likes this post: Scott Daloisio
10/3/24, 9:19 AM   #32
Re: Bacon going wing racing next year
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Wasn't Bacon basically renting the Hoffman name?
I got no idea how the deal worked. HAR may buy the rollers. I do know that during their 2014 championship season they used one chassis. They had a second car but only used it once after he flipped in qualifying it was just precaution chassis was fine.

What I meant was twice the cost. Rebuild are at least twice as fast, maybe three times more often Winged. Fuel. A winged car easily uses a third more. They don't even run 25 lappers at Knoxville anymore for reg shows. While they may be using the same motors in usac, They're torque curve is different and if your woo or HL your travel is a ton more than usac.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/3/24 at 9:36 AM.

10/3/24, 9:34 AM   #33
SpfldMile

I still think USAC is a really good option for guys that want to be home more. It’s a national series, but the schedule is definitely Midwest centered, kinda like the All Stars were centered in OH/PA. Everyone wants USAC to pay more, but that money has to come from somewhere. I figure Flo is bankrolling the High Limit shows to some extent. They could help out if they wanted. In any case, I will still go to non wing shows, they are often better racing, and I’ll go to wing shows too.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
10/3/24, 9:54 AM   #34
dsc1600

Winged racing has always paid more but there was probably a time when if you could win consistently in USAC amongst the 3 divisions coupled with the better access to pavement opportunities made USAC a great option.

Those days are long gone and it’s looking more and more like USAC is a feeder division to WoO and High Limit.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year