IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Auston Dillon
2/25/14, 5:19 AM   #31
Re: Auston Dillon
Gregg

Here is the problem. NASCAR starts their season with a meat grinder of a race. They have neutered this race with a metal plate with holes in it. If you are good in this race it’s because you somehow used others on-track help to your advantage. NASCAR wanted to run the race to completion and beat the rain. For 100 laps it worked well. The last 60 laps I’ve seen a demo-derby exhibition that I do not EVER care to witness again. NASCAR, fix this race or forget it.

Austin Dillon. I have no doubt he is a nice kid with talent. The thing is I can go to Haubstedt on a hot July night and will meet several drivers that fit this same description. I saw a driver on Sunday that looked in over his head. Then he left a trail of broken cars behind him on a few occasions. To make matters worse he is saddled with St. Dale’s #3. I’m not sure at this point whether this is a blessing or a curse. I know one thing. Before we make him heir to the throne we should first find out whether or not he can race at this level.

Kyle Larson. He gave himself a Darlington stripe and cut a tire right off the bat. But the rest of the way he kept his nose clean and learned as he went until he was a victim of someone’s mistake. The only chances he hurt was his own.

I have always said that at least NASCAR gives some of our drivers a shot at the big times and the big money. It’s the only major top level American series that does so. That said, I can’t wait for our season to start and leave the sound of “boogity boogity boogity” behind. In fact I may step away from NASCAR earlier than that.
Last edited by Gregg; 2/25/14 at 5:28 AM.

2/25/14, 9:24 AM   #32
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin O'Neal View Post
Does anyone know that Austin Dillon is also a dirt tracker who won a dirt modified feature at the Volusia Speedway Park dirt track after winning the Daytona 500 pole?
And if he and his brother weren't grandpappy's little boys with a silver spoon in their mouths, that's where they would be right now - if that.

1 member likes this post: FHeinz15h
2/25/14, 5:56 PM   #33
richie

Posted on another forum...

6 members like this post: bandres21, Fredy, ISF, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Auston Dillon