IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hamilton no longer with USAC?
6/15/15, 10:35 PM   #31
team3521

This should absolutely be the last straw for Kevin Miller.
I hate to say this, but if he's not ousted, I hope USAC dies. It's a shame! Such a rich tradition. Used to be the road to Indy. Now, it's a flock of thieves. The racers will still race. No one we care about will be hurt. Someone will sanction the cars we own, know and love.
Maybe Bob Sargent and Andy could team up and continue a good thing going in Silver Crown. Andy as far as I'm concerned is the only thing they have going for them.
Such a shame!

6/15/15, 10:38 PM   #32
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Things that make you go Hmmm? Lets imagine that someone had made a deal with like... Jonathan Bird to sponsor Indianan Midget Week? What if the idea was to have a huge dinner and party to kick off the week? What if this deal was signed, sealed , and delivered? What if ...lets say someone like DH put this deal (and a few others) together? What if Kevin's response was "whats in it for USAC (aka...how can I get my hands on more money?)" What if it was one of several deals with the racers best interest in mind that put no money in he "Detriot Retirement Fund"? Maybe someone had the stones to say ...... just wondering ...what if???
I can guarantee that this isn't too far fetched. Greedy SOB!
He's a CANCER! ... Cut him out!

6/15/15, 10:58 PM   #33
Re: Hamilton no longer with USAC?
mac miller

I worked on usac sprint cars from 1963 through 1979. When they started running usac sprint cars on quarter mile midget tracks, I was done with it. I never really remembered that they sunk so low as running wings. How sad
Last edited by mac miller; 6/15/15 at 11:12 PM.

6/15/15, 11:20 PM   #34
Traditional Fan

I attended a winged USAC race at the Jackson VFW Speedway in Jackson, MN. Can't recall the exact year, but was early to mid 80's.

6/15/15, 11:28 PM   #35
Slider20

Scamilton's run was short lived.

6/15/15, 11:37 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

1987 USAC National Winged races
Rick Unger 1987 Wing Eldora USAC opener two other shows mid summer and Four Crown were NW
KC June 20 KC raceway
Aug 29 Paragon, Butler.
Races were also scheduled for Williams Grove and Lincoln Winged.

88 Brad Doty Paragon and Findlay it also mentions Butler won wing, non wing and pavement.

Jeff Gordon won his first USAC race at Florence an it was winged. I was there for this one as I was crewing for a couple Bombers and helped Staab a little here and there.

Sorry, I can't go through 50 pages in a couple hours but these were all USAC National Sprint Winged Shows.

USAC also sanctioned Winged Supermods in the 80s.

You do know that the Wings he was pushing was a totally separate series than USAC National Sprint Cars? Its a series already existing that USAC picked up the sanction. Except for the Little 500 NW Pavement Sprints have been dead for the most part for about five years in USAC. The last one I remember was USAC at winchester paired with a Must See show of Winged sprints.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/15/15 at 11:47 PM.

3 members like this post: ajfoytfan, jim goerge, team3521
6/15/15, 11:43 PM   #37
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
1987 USAC National Winged races
Rick Unger 1987 Wing Eldora USAC opener two other shows mid summer and Four Crown were NW
KC June 20 KC raceway
Aug 29 Paragon, Butler.
Races were also scheduled for Williams Grove and Lincoln Winged.

88 Brad Doty Paragon and Findlay it also mentions Butler won wing, non wing and pavement.

89 Jeff Gordon won his first USAC race at Florence an it was winged. I was there for this one as I was crewing for a couple Bombers and helped Staab a little here and there.

Sorry, I can't go through 50 pages in a couple hours but these were all USAC National Sprint Winged Shows.
Charles, Lincoln and the Grove if I remember correctly dropped the USAC sanction when they only had two USAC car come east to support those races.

6/15/15, 11:44 PM   #38
Stevensville Mike

I am not saying a f-cking thing this time. I am just getting out of the way.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, mtek56, team3521
6/15/15, 11:49 PM   #39
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Wait Wait Wait!!!! NO NO NO !!!! Please ...if you have to make others think you know something, at least make sh1t up about the living so they can defend themselves....

I was at USAC for Gary's entire career.... Gary did try a few "regional " winged shows at Granite City and a few other places... Gary was the reason for Thursday Night Thunder,... Gary brought pavement sprints back... Gary was part of USAC when it was ran by racers... NOBODY ...NOBODY... had more arguments with Gary than me... NOBODY respected Gary more than me.... He was a RACER!!! He did more for USAC than any other single person... Was he an a$$hole ? Hell yes... Did I love him? Hell Yes!!

Gary made the Hoosier deal and gave all the money back to the racers...Kevin made the Toyota deal and gives nothing to the racers and makes $500,000 per year!!
Correct on Gary. Thank you!

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Kansasdirtfan, Ken Bonnema, team3521
6/15/15, 11:50 PM   #40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Charles, Lincoln and the Grove if I remember correctly dropped the USAC sanction when they only had two USAC car come east to support those races.
Book says Rain. I do know Staab, Butler, Nemier and a couple others Elliot? House? attended all, Winged, NW and Pavement. One year was 20 races total
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/15/15 at 11:51 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hamilton no longer with USAC?