IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The BURG points payout
11/20/07, 1:53 PM   #31
Re: The BURG points payout
ThaBurgFan

I am not defending either side here but I spoke with Brad Weick after the final points race and he told me that they were not going to run points at the burg next year. Brad stated that they were going to travel and he felt fortunate to win three championships. I am sure Brad is upset with the payout but I don't think that is the sole reason he won't return.

11/27/07, 5:53 PM   #32
BB1

First off I never said anyplace that I would not return to the Burg.I did say I would not be back after an other championship.I also am very disappointed in the points pay off,after talking to Dave about this issue several times over the season.I was told that the points fund would be the same or greater than the previous year.
Thanks Brad Wieck

11/27/07, 6:54 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Brad, thats exactly what he said you said

Relax.
Chuck

11/27/07, 7:39 PM   #34
MSM

Why didn't Dave talk to Tom to see how things went last year with the Berg? What advertising did he do, what promotions did he do, etc! How can you go from paying a decent payout for all classes to less then a feature win which is less than half of the money received last year? How can you go from two huge championship trophies to one small one? I and I'm sure many others would expect the same or MORE payout in the points fund from the previous year. Is that a bonus? Well I'd say yes, but you would expect it to remain the same or increase year to year. I just don't understand how Tom could be making money, and giving a good payout but Dave couldn't make that happen. Makes no sense to me!!! Who's dipping their hand in the money jar?

11/27/07, 7:50 PM   #35
Pat O'Connor Fan

We should be just tickled sh*tless that yet another person has chosen to join IOW as an anonymous member just so he/she could "grind an axe" and make a not-so-veiled accusation.

11/27/07, 7:59 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM View Post
Why didn't Dave talk to Tom to see how things went last year with the Berg? What advertising did he do, what promotions did he do, etc! How can you go from paying a decent payout for all classes to less then a feature win which is less than half of the money received last year? How can you go from two huge championship trophies to one small one? I and I'm sure many others would expect the same or MORE payout in the points fund from the previous year. Is that a bonus? Well I'd say yes, but you would expect it to remain the same or increase year to year. I just don't understand how Tom could be making money, and giving a good payout but Dave couldn't make that happen. Makes no sense to me!!! Who's dipping their hand in the money jar?
Read all the previous post and reply again with a real name. It states quite clearly why and from more than one promotor of the track.

Chuck

11/27/07, 8:31 PM   #37
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

The former promoter left on bad terms and at that time would'nt give me the time of day, i don't blame him for being upset for losing the track. The former promoter paid his champions fund out of 50/50 also.
His 50/50 staff did a better job selling tickets. Next season we are trying to bring back the 50/50 girls the former promoter had, which i hope will increase the points payout. Like i said in previous posts, we paid out all of the 50/50 money to champions and then some. Each Champion got a really nice leather sleeved jacket with there names on them, each of the top 10 got a pullover jacket also, which i thought were very nice. I can only give out what we had to give out. I hope next year there will be more to offer to the drivers. But i will not make any promises. We do our best and take it or leave it. I have a phone and a e-mail, anyone who was upset could have called or e-mailed me.
BTW, I am not working 80+ hours a week this winter, all night long because i lined my pockets. Check out www.perfectnorth.com and watch the video on the front page. My name is Rudy at the slopes and i am the one making snow. I work 80+ hours a week at the ski area and then spend the rest of the time working on speedway stuff. Hopefully one day i will line my pockets and be able to work a bit less in the winter and spend some time with my wife and daughter.
Happy Holidays, Dave Rudisell

11/27/07, 9:19 PM   #38
fishnman

Can we PLEASE let it go!!! Dave gave EVERYTHING he had and then some! Maybe the accusations of "dipping their hand in the jar "would stop if the WHOLE AND ENTIRE story from the last couple of years were to become public. But why say anything. What's done is done!

The City of Lawrenceburg is giving us what will be, quite possibly, the PREMIER facility in the country! Dave is busting his A$$ working 12-14 hours a day at the ski slopes and then going home to work on the future of Lawrenceburg Speedway another 6 hours a day, doing his best to make this sport that I love, and hopefully what the rest of us I.O.W. ers love, thrive and prosper. Please lets move forward.

I know I never won a feature by stopping and looking back at my last lap! LOOK FORWARD!!

11/27/07, 9:25 PM   #39
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
...His 50/50 staff did a better job selling tickets. Next season we are trying to bring back the 50/50 girls the former promoter had, which i hope will increase the points payout.
Please don't fire the one that sold tickets for sections A & B. Now, excuse me while I drive to Lawrenceburg to talk Marv back in off the ledge.:rolling:

Jerry

Winston Churchill

11/27/07, 9:54 PM   #40
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Please don't fire the one that sold tickets for sections A & B. Now, excuse me while I drive to Lawrenceburg to talk Marv back in off the ledge.:rolling:
Jerry
I did not buy any 50/50 tickets from the young :eek: knockout Jerry mentioned, but I sure have planned to do so next season. Yeah, I readily admit that I've been led astray by FishBurger, Danny Burton, Mud Packer, and others in section A.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The BURG points payout