IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cshuman (Offline)
  #31 6/3/11 12:18 PM
Um standbrough crashed.. and I only saw 3 or 4 cars run out of fuel, but there could have been more possibly..
Posted via Mobile Device
kawkaw2 (Offline)
  #32 6/3/11 12:24 PM
Why did Jon crash? What happened? Casey any idea??

Keith Wheeler
"He who dies with the most toys wins"
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #33 6/3/11 1:11 PM
Stanbrough hit the wall on the backstretch coming out of turn 2. I just caught it after he hit,so I dont know if he just slid up to high and hit it or what.

30 laps is plenty for a feature. We've had 2 good features,and 2 crap features as far as I am concerned.
cshuman (Offline)
  #34 6/3/11 1:32 PM
I like the 40 lappers, its only 10 laps, but it really changes the game plan a little.
Posted via Mobile Device
micro94 (Offline)
  #35 6/3/11 1:37 PM
I agree 40 laps would be good. And if you guys had to wheel pack Im sure everybody was probably aware of it before hand so they could add the appropriate amount of fuel? Everyone should have been able to if not.
jerseysprintnut (Offline)
  #36 6/3/11 3:15 PM
We've had 2 good features,and 2 crap features as far as I am concerned.[/QUOTE]

Andrew, I know Grandview was great, but which other one was good??? I was disappointed in Lernerville and from what I hear, Lincoln's surface was crap again this year and very slick. I still think a crappy non-wing race is better than an avg. wing one.

Later, Jersey
Tim Clauson (Offline)
  #37 6/3/11 6:26 PM
The first 3 cars to be pushed off all ran out of fuel. Bloom Stanbrough and us, as well as a coue of the locals. we ran a lot of laps before we lined up. If you were one if the lucky ones to get a late push your happy if your one of the unfortunate ones to get pushed early your not. If not for the hot lap session we were fine on fuel, port royal might be the first time in a while that pit stops may come into play in a sprint car race.
Posted using Mobile Device
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, smith19
cshuman (Offline)
  #38 6/3/11 7:43 PM
Not a knock on Jon at all, but pretty sure if he doesn't knock the fence down he wins that race. He didn't run out..
Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: 3Cfan, gentry26x
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #39 6/3/11 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by jerseysprintnut:

Andrew, I know Grandview was great, but which other one was good??? I was disappointed in Lernerville and from what I hear, Lincoln's surface was crap again this year and very slick. I still think a crappy non-wing race is better than an avg. wing one.

Later, Jersey
I thought New Egypt was ok. At least they tried to get a racy track,where Lernerville and Lincoln didnt. 40 laps on a s*&t track just prolongs the agony of a bad race a extra 10 laps.
mortboyz
  #40 6/4/11 12:08 AM
I know ASQ calls me MIA and I'm no authority, but when you need a fuel stop in a 40 lap Sprint Car race, I'm gonna start shoppin for a bass boat......