IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That nasty word called CANCER.
12/16/08, 3:31 PM   #41
Re: That nasty word called CANCER.
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Marv, I'm on the cushion and hard on the throttle. The pucker factor is a little tight at times... We all want to know how many laps we are going to race. I've ran 37 laps so far... so I won't stop until the flagman throws the checkered flag.:wink

Thanks everybody!
Bill may the Race be a long one and You be the leader all the way to the checkers with God as your co-pilot!:checkered:

12/16/08, 9:46 PM   #42
Larryoracing

Well Bill Gardner,

I think IOW message board is the best. Way out of my leaque...lol! But thanks
for not kicking me off the boards in a while.

I can only hope that your image or inspiration or message is left in the hearts of
the many who visit this board.

Personally these message boards give me a chance to express my feelings on racing and I can certainly see, that what I feel is way different than most.

Makes America beautiful and God Bless.

Larry "O":applaud:

12/16/08, 10:01 PM   #43
mayor31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Marv, I'm on the cushion and hard on the throttle. The pucker factor is a little tight at times... We all want to know how many laps we are going to race. I've ran 37 laps so far... so I won't stop until the flagman throws the checkered flag.:wink

Thanks everybody!
Easy Bill your racing that modified you can't get on the cush to hard. Got to visit Bill and Brian on saturday and Bill was in good spirts.Good luck Bill with the battle and lay in to the throttle. Your modified buddy Craig

12/16/08, 11:51 PM   #44
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

Bill - I pray for your strength and for you to beat this terrible illness! You have such a good will and outlook on things that you will be sure to win this battle! I will keep you in my thoughts - hang in there bud! See ya at the tradeshow, I'll make sure to stop by and say hi! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

12/18/08, 6:15 PM   #45
nonwing

Bill, as usual I was away from IOW for a few days and as I was scanning the pages I found your thread. Man, as a guy who is also fighting the battle, my heart goes out to you and your family. Cancer is so wicked and painful. You are right however, when you get Cancer you realize what is important. All of those little things just roll right off your shoulders, while you concentrate on having as much fun as possible. It's true, the grass is a whole lot greener and the sky is a whole lot bluer now. I take the time to hear my kids at 6 and 10yrs laugh and really take the time to hear what they have to say, no matter how silly it seems to be.

I hope you can tolerate the chemo treatments OK. This third round for me has been tough and it seems like my body instantly remembers what the chemo was doing before. Pain is one thing... but being nauseated is another. So I really hope that your treatments are easy on you.

Fight the Fight!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
George Wilkins

12/20/08, 11:24 AM   #46
suziekh

Bill, after losing Sheldon to cancer I understand totally what you mean about not sweating the small stuff. It made me more appreciative of all the beautiful things that there are in the world and the friendships that have continued 20 years later. I never wonder if I should say something to people, I always say what I think, because they need to hear it. As I told Sheldon when they put a time limit on his life, no one knows when your time is, but God, and the rest of us could have an accident at any time. Cancer is a horrible disease, but it certainly helps us with our priorities, and you know that better than most of us. Good luck in your battle! I wish Sheldon was fighting it now, instead of 20 years ago. There is so much new information and the drugs are so much better now. My God bless you in your race and I know you'll win it..........Suzie Kinser Hodges

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That nasty word called CANCER.